Discuss Pressure increase? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thesub

Hi all,

This might be really obvious but would appreciate your thoughts. Over the last few weeks I have noticed an increase in pressure on the primary circuit of my Halstead Finest. Reset a week ago and still increasing about half bar/week. I'm assuming that the likely candidate is the filler tap (the loop is still in place). The only other point I can think of where external water could enter the system is the DHW heat exchanger, which I replaced just over a year ago. I think the first action is to remove the filler hose (I still have the cap), but before I do has anyone any alternative ideas?

Many thanks

Steve

No,first things first,it is probably one of the two things you say,so start with removing flexible hose/monitor and go from there
:)

Thanks very much, I'll disconnect the hose when I get a minute.

yeh i'd have to say try the hose first its the simplest option, as puddle said start with that and go from there.

The hose should be disconnected as a safety precaution that's why it has two valves and unions.

Thanks for the further replies.

You raise an interesting point about the hose. I left the thing in place simply for convenience, as whenever I carry out work or maintanance, (quite often with this boiler which has had its share of faults) it saves quite a lot of fiddling about. However, I do like to do things correctly and am intested in what the safety issues would be of leaving it in place?

Also, I am trying to remember whether there is a way of disconnecting the filler hose without draining the primary circuit. Is there somebody out there who can refresh my memory?

Thanks

Steve

The filling hose can be removed without draining the primary circuit, there is a check valve on the heating side to stop the heating circuit emptying.

safety issues with leaving the loop in place are because of water contamination if the double check valve failed, if its not a filling loop passing your looking at expansion vessel if this has gone probably prv as well check the small copper pipe outside the building to see if waters passing through it as you say the plate heat exchanger can cause this but unlikely if only a year old

OK have removed filler hose. No obvious leaks, but will monitor and report back.

The expansion vessel and PRV were mentioned but I cant see any evidence of leaking from the PRV. The pressure rise is gradual over some time and if you monitor pressure from cold the rise is steady and similar to how its always been. So, although keeping an open mind, I'm tending to think heat exchanger if fault persists.

Any further advice much appreciated.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure increase? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock