Search the forum,

Discuss Powermax 155 service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Powermax 155, I have been asked to service one. I'm G3 as well as gas safe. Anything to look out or watch out for ? Customer tells me there is a loud popping noise on ignition, I'm assuming possibly incorrectly this will be the electrodes. I,ve only ever removed and replaced with a conversion so a bit unfamiliar.

You will need gaskets for it. The baffles rot on them as well can't remember how to get them out I think it was an electricians cable rods with a hook on the end.

Luckily I have not seen one near me since I moved but used to work on them over 6 years ago. Horrible things always hated working on them.

Personally, I wouldn’t touch it without having done the Baxi powermax course. My opinion only.

That bad then ? I dismantled the last one I took out following the MI,s and whilst not straightforward it wasn't impossible. Would you recomend telling the customer I'm not able to service it then.? I dont want to give myself a major head ache but if I turn it down it would be the first time I've had to unbook a job.

Entirely up to you mate. I went in the course so that I was more confident. But it isn’t a service that you can do in 55 minutes. So bill accordingly.
I've had a good look at the M,Is and see what you mean, looks a bit of a pain in the backside, but needs must and all that, the customer inherited the boiler with the house purchase and sounds like they aren't very keen on it as a system. (Having recently replaced one I can see why.)
I'll take my chance follow the M,Is, phone technical if I need too and bill accordingly, I was just looking to see if there was anything in particular to watch out for really, I'll get a set of gaskets and fish out my rods.
Thanks for the info.

Reply to Powermax 155 service in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Folks Me again I am at my wits end. I want to replace the boiler but I am on my backside and cannot afford to. I have been getting an intermittent F L Code. For around a year. I've had an engineer out 4 times. In that time boiler has had a new PCB, new electrodes, new gaskets, new...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the existing boiler needed upgrading. The Mechanical Engineers advising the architect insisted that we had a conventional cast iron combustion chamber boiler...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hello, My mum has a Worcester Greenstar HE30 boiler (15+ years old). Since its last service (and possibly coincidentally) it has been making a booming/banging sound randomly. This is a noise like a pocket of gas igniting and can be loud enough to make you jump. It's been impossible for the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock