Discuss Potterton Puma 80 Burner makes loud noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SatPal

When I open hot water tap the boiler fires and the burner makes a very loud sound. Can this sound be reduced? As the firing intensity sound is too loud.

Hi SatPal ... I think you'd need an GSEngineer to take a look at what's causing the noise. Does it occur when the heating is on too? There are many things that can cause a 'noise'!

As above Sat get a GSR engineer in.

Common fault I have with these boilers is explosive ignition and it will only get worse.(I am guessing from the description).

Last edited:
A qualified engineer is the only way forward, he has the knowledge and tools to check the appliance, in particular the low and high burner gas setings in your case.

Bob

call out a gsr engineer they will take one look at your puma then say its a heap(which it is)and quote for a new boiler sometimes the truth hurts

the local counsil's around by me fitted hundreds of theses 8-9 years ago, most have been replaced in last few years. how old is the boiler? may be time to let it rest in peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Puma 80 Burner makes loud noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi All, my boiler starts to make some loud noises recently when running (a sound file is attached). A gas engineer will come around sometime next...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a customer with a modern anthracite vertical radiator and a modern TRV and lockshield. The radiator makes a loud metallic bang from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a Bosch Dishwasher that has just started making a loud droning noise constantly when switched on. I have taken out and cleaned the filter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock