Search the forum,

Discuss Dishwasher making droning noise continuously in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Bosch Dishwasher that has just started making a loud droning noise constantly when switched on. I have taken out and cleaned the filter, and removed the pump cover. The impeller is turning freely but water is not draining. I will try and attached a video which hopefully shows the issue. Is this something I can fix, is it worth fixing, or is it time for a new dishwasher? This dishwasher was left by the previous house owner and we have been here 8 years, so it is old.

Attachments

• 20230901_104044.mp4
    39.9 MB
The video shows what I think is normal behaviour, but at this point the pump should have stopped.
Typically the pump will run continuously if there is water in the tray in the bottom of the dishwasher, or if the sensor for that is not working properly. There's a video (from an old Bosch model) that might be of interest.
Of course, your dishwasher may be different from this, but similar principles should apply!

The video shows what I think is normal behaviour, but at this point the pump should have stopped.
Typically the pump will run continuously if there is water in the tray in the bottom of the dishwasher, or if the sensor for that is not working properly. There's a video (from an old Bosch model) that might be of interest.
Of course, your dishwasher may be different from this, but similar principles should apply!

Ooh, thanks for replying and for the video link. Definitely worth a look later on. Much appreciated :)

Basher you genius! I have taken off the sides and found water had leaked underneath. Although the float was in a different place, same principle as you said. Water all soaked up and dishwasher working. I recorded a little video just in case this thread is of use to anyone else in future. Now just to find out where it is leaking from 🤣
Thanks again for your help 👍🙏👌

Attachments

• 20230901_204558.mp4
    26.6 MB

Reply to Dishwasher making droning noise continuously in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock