Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Performa Diverter Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Berger

Hi

I'm a client, but want to source this part, which my gas engineer says I need replacing. I could go to Potterton Service Engineers, but if I can get this part, it will work out cheaper to get him to do it (ex-Potterton engineer anyway).

Anyway, I have found it through boilersparesdirect.co.uk - Says Performa 28 diverter valve - £92.95 Complete Diverter Valve - AK Boiler Spares
Part No 248061 (important)

I also found it cheaper, for £60, at AllSpares, but this looks like it is re-conditioned? I.e. Used? Is that right? POTTERTON PERFORMA 24 & 28 DIVERTER VALVE & WATER VALVE 248061 [---PO248061] - £60.00 : Boiler Spares | Cheap Parts | All Spares Direct

Ideally, I would use Interpart, obviously they're the Baxi/Potterton official parts people. They direct you to my local suppliers, but when I go through to their spares-diverter valves, they have one (doesn't specify for which boiler!), but it is a different part no. - 248062 £88.45
Spa Heating Supplies Ltd

My documentation indicates it should be 248061 - so is 248062 going to be wrong? (would much easier to get the 248062 as it's round the corner). And will the first one from boilersparesdirect.co.uk be brand new?

Finally (sorry, do appreciate if you can help) - I've noted in various places that engineers should be replacing all O rings and fibre washers when doing this change. Should I be buying these too for him (can only find O rings on these sites)?

Cheers

Marc

hi you are probably not aware that the baxi 105,105 he main 30 he 24he,24 and potterton performa 24,28,30he and 24he are all the same boiler i do as i have just fitted my 200th combi they are widely regarded as the best combi ever made do you need a full diverter? tell me your symptoms if its just a diaphragm required they are about £10

Guess whats happening here
Gasman your paying too much for your diaphragms its not a Worcester LOL I would put some jokey smileys but cant find them on this new forum set up

hi you are probably not aware that the baxi 105,105 he main 30 he 24he,24 and potterton performa 24,28,30he and 24he are all the same boiler i do as i have just fitted my 200th combi they are widely regarded as the best combi ever made do you need a full diverter? tell me your symptoms if its just a diaphragm required they are about £10

Thanks Gas man - so therefore the DV my local Interpart supplier has, will fit the Performa 28, even though the part number is slightly different from what's specified in my paperwork?

I don't think it's just the diaphragm, that was changed 2 years ago. Basically, the central heating comes on whenever the hot water tap is turned on, and when the heating is on, the hot water runs significantly cooler through the tap. So the only way I can get decent hot water without turning the central heating on, is to shut off the pipe valve that goes up to the central heating pipework.

He is pretty sure it's a diverter valve that's needed, and to be fair to him, he said I could get a Potterton/Baxi engineer out (don't think he's bothered either way, he's not short of work, does Worcester service work as well as his own business), but I checked and they are £260 minimum to come out. He said if I could source a DV, he could replace it for me, and probably needs to check if my 'plate' (heat exchanger plate?) is broken or just scaled up also?

There's quite a few ex-Potterton engineers around here, the Service Centre is here, and the factory used to be down the road until a couple of years ago. He sorted out a problem I had with the burners yesterday (which the guy who did my service 6 months ago should have sorted, but didn't! - see my only previous thread...), and was here a good half hour cleaning the burners, checking pressures etc, which improved the water temperature also - and he only asked for £20 for popping round on his way back from his 'proper jobs', so I'm fairly confident he's not trying to blag me - unlike some other gas engineers / plumbers I've come across.

Appreciate any thoughts before I get this DV - also do I need to get associated O rings/fibre washers if I buy one?

Cheers

you dont normally need o rings for the plate heat side they are pretty tough you will need 2x 3/4 green washers and 1x 1/4 green washer and yes any one of the diverter valves for this range will fit just dont confuse the boiler with a instant as theses are very different,your engineers right to check your plate heat exchanger it could well be the reason the diverter has failed,it wont make any difference if the potterton factory is local btw all baxi 105/performas come from italy it is based on a ocean 240 after all but any engineer should know your boiler backwards they are quite common and easy to work on

you dont normally need o rings for the plate heat side they are pretty tough you will need 2x 3/4 green washers and 1x 1/4 green washer and yes any one of the diverter valves for this range will fit just dont confuse the boiler with a instant as theses are very different,your engineers right to check your plate heat exchanger it could well be the reason the diverter has failed,it wont make any difference if the potterton factory is local btw all baxi 105/performas come from italy it is based on a ocean 240 after all but any engineer should know your boiler backwards they are quite common and easy to work on

Thanks for that. The potterton technical helpline gave me a list of O rings & washers I might need - he did list 3 separate O rings and one washer. Ah well, we'll see. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Performa Diverter Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock