Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbers paste on immersion heater compression valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

So did a job for a friend yesterday and made (i hope) a small muckup....

Installed a unvented heatrae sadia multipoint 15 but i used plumbers paste on all my compression elbows about 10 of them i only put it on the male threads.

The instructions state that it should not be used as it may impair the valves....

What do i do?
-take it to pieces then clean everything and install again?
-leave it?

Is the worse that can happen buying new temperature/presure valves or is there more serious things that can happen?

Aslong as you didn’t get it inside the fitting you will be fine as it’s only like using jointing compound on an olive

Thanks for the answers! only used a little and and only on the male thread... upon checking one there was little to no residue on the inside of the pipe.
The water is not connected yet so this would be the ideal time to start over.
would i be better of taping the male thread with ptfe after cleaning everything?

Thanks for the answers! only used a little and and only on the male thread... upon checking one there was little to no residue on the inside of the pipe.
The water is not connected yet so this would be the ideal time to start over.
would i be better of taping the male thread with ptfe after cleaning everything?
Are you talking about the compression elbows or male irons into the heater, PRV, expansion vessel etc?

Bit of a worry here Johnny although not notifiable to building control these water heaters need to be fitted by a trained installer , the termination of the safety devices needs to be be installed to comply with the water regulations and they need to be commissioned and tested are you qualified ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200425-075021.png
    Screenshot_20200425-075021.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20200425-074956.png
    Screenshot_20200425-074956.png
    217.9 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Plumbers paste on immersion heater compression valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
Hi all:) This is my first post here. My Dad recently had an Ariston Next Evo X SFT 16L multipoint water heater installed to replace the previous one that was leaking. What concerns me is that it basically takes about one and a half minutes for the water to reach even a a basic useful...
Replies
Views
E
Good evening everyone :), I’ve recently moved into a new flat that is completely electric (It’s got a dual immersion heater) and just had a smart meter installed. The dual immersion heater and has two separate switches - one is labelled top. I’ve had them both on since moving in but just seen...
Replies
Views
R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into the unit; a spring check valve was placed on the cold line (per the manual) after which there is an expansion tank (on the cold line) in a T junction...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock