Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Plumbers paste on immersion heater compression valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

So did a job for a friend yesterday and made (i hope) a small muckup....

Installed a unvented heatrae sadia multipoint 15 but i used plumbers paste on all my compression elbows about 10 of them i only put it on the male threads.

The instructions state that it should not be used as it may impair the valves....

What do i do?
-take it to pieces then clean everything and install again?
-leave it?

Is the worse that can happen buying new temperature/presure valves or is there more serious things that can happen?

Aslong as you didn’t get it inside the fitting you will be fine as it’s only like using jointing compound on an olive

Thanks for the answers! only used a little and and only on the male thread... upon checking one there was little to no residue on the inside of the pipe.
The water is not connected yet so this would be the ideal time to start over.
would i be better of taping the male thread with ptfe after cleaning everything?

Thanks for the answers! only used a little and and only on the male thread... upon checking one there was little to no residue on the inside of the pipe.
The water is not connected yet so this would be the ideal time to start over.
would i be better of taping the male thread with ptfe after cleaning everything?
Are you talking about the compression elbows or male irons into the heater, PRV, expansion vessel etc?

Bit of a worry here Johnny although not notifiable to building control these water heaters need to be fitted by a trained installer , the termination of the safety devices needs to be be installed to comply with the water regulations and they need to be commissioned and tested are you qualified ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200425-075021.png
    Screenshot_20200425-075021.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200425-074956.png
    Screenshot_20200425-074956.png
    217.9 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Plumbers paste on immersion heater compression valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock