Currently reading:
Perfect Plumbing Van

Discuss Perfect Plumbing Van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
What's the perfect Van for plumbers? And what Van have you got?

If you have pics, please attach them to your thread.

Thanks.

That's a bit ugly like!

I think a large van with mini kitchen, armchair and tv would be good for tea breaks . . . .

I miss my big transit van as when on installs it is impossible with anything else!

No taste. How can you call a land rover ugly? They are a thing of beauty.

what do people think of the Peugeot boxer, the Citroen relay/jumper or the renault master?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i know but i would be working in france, so it would be easier to have a french van, although i am considering a ford transit MWB medium height

I shudder to admit it, but, I liked the Vauxhall Movano and Renault Master vans that I had when I was at Iguana/eagaheat/CES. I absolutely loathed the transit. The main issue I had was with the long service intervals and the cheapskates at the lease company. Service interval was 24K, brake pads lasted around 30K. Surely the sensible thing would be to change them at 24 but no they're not due so let's just leave them until the brakes ail at 30K and new discs are needed as well. Apparently it was my fault as I should have checked them! The company didn't deem me competent to change my own wheels but were confident that I could check the brakes. A simple thing like a wear sensor would have helped but the first indication I got was when I stood on the brakes and a horrible screeching sunded from under the van.

Who needs a van?

Well, me actually! This is getting silly now...

photo (18).jpg photo (17).jpg

Couple months ago I took the plunge and changed my 07 Vivaro for a new transporter LWB

Here she is
B4BC7D50-E397-4579-AA00-35C46588FE73-4034-0000050EC171BC04_zpsa7bdb7c7.jpg

Got her all shelved out with roller bearing units, never been so organised.

Couple months ago I took the plunge and changed my 07 Vivaro for a new transporter LWB

Here she is
B4BC7D50-E397-4579-AA00-35C46588FE73-4034-0000050EC171BC04_zpsa7bdb7c7.jpg

Got her all shelved out with roller bearing units, never been so organised.

Now that is a thing of beauty but I'm guessing you paid for it!

Hi, i have a Nissan NV200. My major likes is that 3 m of pipe i can get inside as it will slide under the passenger seat with the removal of part of the bulkhead. Van is really easy to manoeuvre, i work mainly as a service engineer & it suits me fine.

Hi, i have a Nissan NV200. My major likes is that 3 m of pipe i can get inside as it will slide under the passenger seat with the removal of part of the bulkhead. Van is really easy to manoeuvre, i work mainly as a service engineer & it suits me fine.
You can do that in any vito too, just remove the panel and 4 rivots in the center

We have Transit Short wheelbase vans - semi hi tops with 6 speed gearbox -all under 1 year
cause they are on lease

Full tank costs £110.00 max and they run all day long for 8 hours + at 80 + we have had 110 out of one on the level near Chepstow on the dual road bit wwhere we know there are no cams

So last week we (I and Dirty dave ) did a job at some place near Brighton
- south coast ish. Full tank at west lancs - it ran all day we were there at 0800am
rtn and it needed a little drink of derv at juncton 16 northbound m6 while we were trying
out the new Burger King

Upshot I cannot fault the latest trannies well laid out cab wise and - well we think
the 2 litre holes for lemo/coke could be chilled and maybe a micro wave in the
shot guns hopper - CHK

Been happy with the Nissan, the only thing is has a small fault with the electronic sensor for the accelerator. Will get it fixed under warranty. It can sometimes be a bit un responsive.

VW Transporter for me in red. T28 model 130BHP! Love the van, I had a Toyota hiace before but it's got nothing on the transporter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Perfect Plumbing Van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock