Discuss Pegler Belmont 97 Radiator Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

Hi All

I am working on 2 x pegler belmont 97 radiator valves, 3/4 which are installed on a myson bathroom towel rail. Water leaks from the spindles when the valves are manually operated. I have managed to source 2 x new spindles with o'rings from pegler, can i justcheck for reference as i have not had to do any repairs on these valves before that you can change the spindles on them without the need to drain the system ? I recall being told by someone that as you remove the spindles the inner base plate should rise up and prevent water from pouring out.

Thankyou

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to pack the glands on both valves. On the manual wheelhead end however much/well i packed the valve it just kept on weeping. I have the right spindles to replace the existing ones, each spindle has 2 x red/organge coloured fibre o'rings on it and these should do a proper job on stopping the leak. I just need to check it is possible to swap out the spindles on these valves without the need to do anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not entirely sure on the model but there used to be a pegler rad valve that you could change the spindle and O rings without draining down.

On the older Peglers Belmont valves, you can change O rings without draining, as valve did shut off more or less - did need a towel to catch some water. First ones were green & newer types red & slightly thinner.
Peglers say there is a rubber seal on spindle you can change without draining on 97 Belmonts.

Last edited:
I used to do a lot of these. Remove the gland nut and turn the valve off. Keep turning and it will unscrew from the body. A bit of water will come out but not a lot. Best rad valve ever made but just too expensive to use every day now.

I used to us them on every job but only if someone is willing to pay the premium nowadays.

the trick is not to push down as you unscrew the spindle as its the back of the ,inards/washer/jumper call it what you wil,l pushing up that stops water flowing out
there never 100per cent so towels and sheets
these were always fitted in big offices and hospitals etc as they save draining down large areas

you would be best to have both coloured o rings red and green as they are 2 different sizes though you could check before you buy them and use some silicone grease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pegler Belmont 97 Radiator Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Apologies - I'm new, but I promise to try and be an active member of the forum :) We're doing some decorating just now and it was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have bought corner valves to use on a new towel radiator. As you can see in the attached pic, one part of the valve has a small circular...
Replies
Views
R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Back