Discuss overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumdum

if relocating the cold water cistern in a loft.
What's the best way to get the overflow pipe outside through the soffit/eaves?

Bit of messing about unless you can poke it under the tiles.

Do you have a gable end you can pass it through?

Is there a cupboard upstairs on an outside wall you could bring a pipe through and out through the brickwork?

is there any way that's a bit more sophisticated and a little less hit'n'miss ?

case of getting up there to have a look mate, have a measure, a bit less hit and miss?, its not as easy as an explanation on here, just a case of getting up there outside and in, measuring to a point you can see from outside and in like the joining wall to a window and taking aim haha.

is there any way that's a bit more sophisticated and a little less hit'n'miss ?[/QU
actually ive often thought some one should make an electronic device to mark either side of a wall or ceiling flooor so you could get precise positioning for drilling
we once drilled up through a ceiling thinking the rooms were in line only to find the drill about 3 foot from where we wanted it as the rooms set over that much

If you're not entirely sure where it will come out, drill a tiny pilot hole through the ceiling which can easily be covered with polyfilla if it's in the wrong place.

Yes
you could use a water level, but you would need a hell of a lenght of plastic tube.

But can't you just measure carefully from the brickwork on the inside and then again from the outside and allow for wall thickness small pilot drill to make sure, then full sized drill to follow making any allowances for error
oldie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to overflow pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock