Discuss Only get hot water when CH is switched on ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brian

Hi All,

I have a Baxi 105e Combi Boiler that is approx. 4 years old.

All is ok, but recently I can only get hot water if the central heating is also switched on.

Strangely, initially it was just the downstairs water that was cold and upstairs was ok - but the last couple of days the upstairs is also running cold (unless I switch on the heating).

After a bit of research it looks as though this could be a problem with the diverter valve ? - does this sound right ?

Is this a big (i.e. expensive !) job ?

I have rang Baxi who charge a flat fee of £269 whatever the job.

it does sound like the divertor valve
with regard to the 269 flat fee is that plus vat?? and you should try and getthe price of a divertor valve first
quick check valve is 85.00 so its either 180.00 for labour or 180.00 plus vat you could prob get it cheaper i think 200.00 incl the part wld be a fairer price

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply Newbie1.

I have just rang Baxi to confirm.

To do any job is a fixed fee of £239 inc. vat.

I can also take out 1 years protection cover for £269 inc vat - this will include repairing the current job plus cover for any other faults or breakdowns over the next 12 months.

The problem will be the diaghram in the water section requires replacing,should be no more than £90,you may need a new seal as well so may be £96
If it was the divertor valve you would have no hot water ,the divertor valves on this boiler never required replacing anyway,although some people do,it just requires lubricating and cleaning occationaly if system dirty
£269 may seem ok but thats £2690 over ten years ,if you are going to spend that on the boiler may as well throw the boiler away now !
Put that money in a savings account and at the end of ten or twelve years you will have paid for any repairs,you can pay for a new boiler to be fitted and have a holiday with what is left
Happy days

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Only get hot water when CH is switched on ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back