Discuss One downstairs radiator needs bleeding every other day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mick4810

Hi I have a Vaillant ECOtec conventional boiler. The system has been in the house since new approx 20 years but had new boiler this year. I had an extra radiator installed in downstairs toilet at the same time. The radiator is plumbed to come on when hot water is on. Boiler is in garage next to toilet. The rest of the radiators don't need bleeding but this new one needs bleeding every other day. My plumber who put boiler in thought that the pump was staying on after for a short while after heating went off so he put a wire in from pump to boiler to correct this but the problem is still there.

Any Ideas

Thanks

...have him undo his work to the pump.
thats pump overrun, designed to disperse heat from the boiler to avoid damaging it.
also if it has a pair of two port zone valves it will require an auto bypass.

There could be a leak on the piping to the radiator.
Where did he connect in the pipes for the new radiator ?
Im not familiar with this boiler, but if it isnt a combi there shouldnt be an issue.

Someone needs to check out the relative positions of the cold feed / open vent, pump & the new rad connections (I take it the system is still open vented i.e. small tank in loft) It is likely the system is either pumping over or pulling in air.
Do not be tempted just to fit an auto air vent as the addition oxygen in the system will quickly cause thew system to fail.

Thank you I will speak to plumber with your recommendations.

Mick

From your original post I see you stated that the new toilet radiator is plumbed to come on with the hot water. So it is plumbed in to the flow and return for the hot water cylinder. Have you confirmed that the radiator only comes on when the programer is set to heat the hot water cylinder or does it come on when you turn on the hot taps in the toilet?

Last edited:
the radiator being piped to come on with hot water contravenes the building regulations, at one time this was common practice, but you say it was only fitted this year, so it is wrong. get it changed to being piped into the heating circuit or change it for an electrically heated towel rail.
anyway back to problem, as asked is it plumbed into tap circuit!???
could just be the system is showing its age, sludged up, hydrogen build up,one radiator always catches the air,
maybe before this was added any air was caught in the vent pipe???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One downstairs radiator needs bleeding every other day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
Back