Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss no water from tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timonya

Hi there,

I've got no water coming from one of my taps. I know that the problem lies in the brass valve inside which needs to be adjusted, but the problem is, having taken the cover off the tap and removed the screw, I can't get the tap off. In the youtube videos I've watched, it lifts straight off once the top screw is taken out, but mine won't move. Can anyone out there help? Thank you.

^^^^ typical response from a leeds fan .

try squirt a bit of wd 40 in , leave it for half an hour and then bray it off lol

It sounds like an old cross head tap, if so you can use two spanners under the handle to lever off the handle.

You may have tamper proof taps that require a tool to undo a nut on the underside of the tap handle, or some of the taps have the handle screwed onto the spindle.
The screw may only be holding the hot / cold sign on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no water from tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap...
Replies
Views
I’ve cleaned the grooves and tightened the grub screw at the bottom, but this tap handle (on the right of the photo) just won’t stay put. When...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock