Discuss No hot water on gravity system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy fix if there's a mixer tap with no check valves below , all youl need is maybe a towel to wipe your face dry lol

Put your hand over the spout of the mixer tap and open the hot first , then open the cold , because your hands over the spout it forces the cold up the hot side in turn moving any air , if that's the problem this should help mate, you might get bit spray on your face but it works lol

If it's the gate valve then there will be spray lol

No water through the tap? Scaled up hot water outlet on the vessel. Not heating up on the gravity circuit? no water in the primary flow and returns.

More likely to be an air lock as whoever did the work previously wouldn't have left it not running.
Blow the mains up through the hot

You're kidding right? I've had snapped gate valves left by many a previous plumber. Last one was just before Xmas. Shower pump not working properly. It was surging, I diagnosed some sort of blockage and found the gate valve on the cold feed snapped and almost shut but apparently the handyman that did some work when the problem started hadn't touched it! Must be a poltergeist then.

If it is an airlock, easiest way of clearing it is wet vac on the hot tap.

As previously stated it will be due to recent works. Old vent pipe could be hovering at the water level in the new tank or something daft like that.

You're kidding right? I've had snapped gate valves left by many a previous plumber. Last one was just before Xmas. Shower pump not working properly. It was surging, I diagnosed some sort of blockage and found the gate valve on the cold feed snapped and almost shut but apparently the handyman that did some work when the problem started hadn't touched it! Must be a poltergeist then.

If it is an airlock, easiest way of clearing it is wet vac on the hot tap.

with you all the way........until the wetvac bit! i bought one about 3 years ago cos of everyone on here telling me it would revolutionise my life. dont know why but i cant bring myself to use it, never have and quite possibly never will.

Rubber cones that you stick up the cold feed and vent. They vacuum the system, so you can change the gate valve with the tank full.

You bung it in the vent also?
I change a gate valve once but just bunged the outlet in the cwsc. I didn't bung the vent? Was I lucky? I thought bunging the vent may cause the tank to implode? Sure I've read it on here?

Your right enough Mike. Somehow i keep thinking "tradesmen" are not as bad as they actually are :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water on gravity system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock