Discuss No hot water on gravity system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Any suggestion on possible causes?
Trapped air? Gate valve stuck?

Air lock would be the most possible option, unless it's controlled by a motorised valve.

Get a bit of hose pipe go up in your loft and go to the bigest header tank and the pipe that bends over it put the hose pipe in it and suck till you get water out this should clear the airlock. How old is the boiler?

If it's a gravity system it will only be so air lock if it's been drained recently. Most likely cause is a seized ball valve in the f @ e tank. The water is lost through heat evaporation.

Sorry folks. This isn't a job I've been to as yet. I'm going to look tomorrow. I am in the trade but still very new to it. As I haven't been to the job I assumed an air lock or the gate valve on the cold feed to the tank is stuck shut.
Someone has changed the ladies cold feed tank which apparently just serves a hot water cylinder I haven't been told anything else.
That's why I thought about getting a little heads up.

It'll be related to the tank change. Al, you need is water and heat to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water on gravity system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Can somebody tell me if a standard heat source pump installation uses a pressurized hot water tank? Or will the pressure for the hot water be...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock