Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water from kitchen tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

worcsbob

Hi, was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this.

If i turn on the hot water tap in the kitchen cold water comes out. I thought it must be a problem with the combi boiler but it wasnt showing an error, I tried reseting it but still only cold water.

Then i checked the other taps in the house and they are all working fine, boiler switches on fine and heats the water.

It is not a new tap and no plumbing work has been done in the past 3 years

slight update on this, I have managed to get the hot water working in that tap by opening a different hot water connection point under the sink,
the water that came out of it looked like it had limescale in it (or something like that) I decided to try and let a bit more water out of it to see if it cleared. then i checked the hot water tap again and it wasnt working again.
I let even more water out of the other connection and the hot water tap worked again.

Im still not sure what has caused this problem and so am unsure of what else i should do now

Quite likely a build-up of limescale in the diffuser. It will slow the flow down enough that the boiler can't detect that a tap has been opened.

Look at the tap outlet, is there a gauze in the end of it?

Try cleaning the spray at the end of the mixer. It should screw out.
This might have some scale blocking it. This then creates poor flow and it's not enough to make the boiler fire up.

Hi thanks for your replies, there is a gauze at the end of the tap.

Does it have any bearing that the water flow did not seem any slower out of the tap?

I have just repressured the combi boiler slightly, it had dropped ever so slightly (although it was still above 1 bar)

Hi thanks for your replies, there is a gauze at the end of the tap.

Does it have any bearing that the water flow did not seem any slower out of the tap?

I have just repressured the combi boiler slightly, it had dropped ever so slightly (although it was still above 1 bar)

It can be hard to judge flow visually. Unscrew the diffuser from the end of the tap and clean the gauze. Soaking in white vinegar works really well.

System pressure would have no bearing on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water from kitchen tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the upstairs taps, I have a combi boiler and no water storage
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on the other of the T junction to the kitchen mixer tap it's stone cold, anyone any ideas ?
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just moved a radiator from one wall to another, straight forward job, heating is working, problem is that on turning on a hot water tap the water coming out is heating water ( Fernox smell)and the boiler pressure drops quite quickly. Baxi Platinum 28HE. Any help or ideas please
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock