Search the forum,

Discuss new radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!!
I am new in this forum just looking for friendly advice.
I am a retired electronic technician, but many years ago I was helping my bros as plumber.
My question: I am installing 2 new radiators: vertical, 3 column, size1800x200mm.
Can I use the BOE valve arrangement or must be TBOE? If BOE is used will be there any relevant loss of output.
Please help!!
GGMAN

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk ggman. Thanks for introducing yourself.

hi ggman welcome to the forums personally i would use boe

steve

Hi ggman

Welcome to the forums,hope you enjoy and feel able to get involved

There will be a heat lost in output using bottom only entry for valve positions as opposed to top and bottom valve positioning,however you will have to consult manufacturers to gain precise figures
The radiators should not be too much , the towel rails output could be more significant,however some of the good quality towel rails have restrictors inside and designed taking into account bottom only entry
As regards 200*1800 towel rails ,I would like top and bottom entry if possible and believe will be much improved output

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3 of high. The rest remain cold. Also, radiator is making quite loud noise when heating up. The system/radiator is free of air. My plumber was...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those, there is one radiator in the living room which does not heat up at all. I have tried balancing myself and also had a professional come in to balance it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Looking for a gas safe engineer to complete a boiler and cylinder install in Ringwood BH24. There was a delay of approx 8 months from the install to radiators being fitted and therefore able to comission the system. Our plumber is now employed elsewhere and unfortunately unable to complete this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock