Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator not heating up in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

O

One Radiator not heating

Hi All,

We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those, there is one radiator in the living room which does not heat up at all. I have tried balancing myself and also had a professional come in to balance it but the radiator just won't warm up like the other 8 do. It is possible it may be the last one in the flow, but I have tried turning off all other rads and yet it refuses to heat up.

I have checked the lockshield valve and they are both fully on. One valve (which I assume is the flow) is burning hot, while the other valve remains cold.

My question is could this be a case of blockage in the radiator? If so, do I need to do a complete power flush or simply flushing the radiator in question would be enough? Any experts out there who can help? (Note: I am not a professional and will need professional help to get either of the tasks done). The original installers have suggested doing a complete power flush (they are charging £800 for that), while another one suggested flushing only the radiator in question. Any advise and pointers on this will be greatly appreciated!

many thanks,
Ash

Have you tried waggling the pin on the trv?

Is it possible it’s been plumbed in with two flows instead of a flow and a return - this happens more often than you would think possible!

Can you trace the pipework to check this?

Reply to Radiator not heating up in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock