Search the forum,

Discuss New Member Nick. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nperkins

Hi All,

I am currently working in the Telecoms enviroment and would like a total career switch and i have looked into and would like the opportunity to make a career out plumbing.
I know it will be hard work but have a beautiful wife and 4 kiddies to support so i really need to be committed and 100% that i can do this.

Problem is the training, I cannot afford to take time off work so am looking at doing the OLCI courses, 6129 and NVQ 2 around my work.

I understand the NVQ 2 is completed using on-site assesments but can accomodate this as brother-in-law is a plumber and will help me out with this.

Can anybody give me any advice as to what other courses will assist me that i can look into whilst still in work, I believe the BPEC water regs and Part P will be very helpful but are they necessary initially?

Thanks all

Hi Nick

welcome to the forum

Water regs don't help much but saying that its better to have them,
Part P is very good but only if you are going to do other things than showers like extractor fans, spot lights, under tile heating

Are you setting up on your own if you are i would recommend taking a tiling course or setting up with a tiler you will get more work this way people like to have bathrooms done all at the same time ,

good luck

uug

Thanks Ugg,

Initially i would like to work for a company but know this can be difficult, will have quals but no experience....Catch 22, can't get the experience unless i get a job but hopefully my brother-in-law can help me on this one.
Tiling course, see thats why i joined this forum, didn't even think about that, looking into it now

Many thanks...

Hi Nick, good luck. I know it's tough to change careers when you are the bread winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Member Nick. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Over the summer I completed a level 2 diploma in plumbing (City and Guilds 6035) with Able Skills and am now looking to complete the NVQ level 2...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I could do with some of your help please. Last September I started an intense City & Guilds Level 2 (6035) course, I finished/completed it...
Replies
Views
Shayno89
S
A
Good afternoon All, I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I have posted this in the wrong area! I am wondering if someone can offer me...
Replies
Views
unitedgas
U
I
Hello to you all! I am thinking of doing an all intensive course with OLCI so i can become a plumber. So far they are quoting me £5995 which...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock