• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Nest Thermostat can't detect OpenTherm connection on a Baxi boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I live in Lisbon and I've just installed a Baxi combi boiler and connected it with a Google nest 3rd generation thermostat as the picture below depicts.
diagram.png

The issue is that the nest thermostat can't detect the Boiler's OpenTherm connection and displays the following error:
20211124_164453.jpg

Does anyone has any clue on this issue?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you,
Pedro.

Attachments

• 20211124_164453.jpg
    20211124_164453.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 0
Need to leave the link in
Hi Shaun,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I had tried before but I've tried once again with the link on (see picture) but I get the the exact same error. I've cut the power to the boiler and heat link and I've restarted the Thermostat but nothing changed.

20211125_222540.jpg

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance. Regards,
Pedro.

Z

Ziggie13

Did you have a “Main” controller managing the system before putting in the Nest?

The system in a relatives house simply works by supplying an off on switch to the boiler.

I don’t have the system manuals handy so I don’t know if the boiler supports opentherm - but I presume you know.The boiler may be an earlier model.

Did you have a “Main” controller managing the system before putting in the Nest?

The system in a relatives house simply works by supplying an off on switch to the boiler.

I don’t have the system manuals handy so I don’t know if the boiler supports opentherm - but I presume you know.The boiler may be an earlier model.
Hi Ziggie,

Thanks for your reply.
I've replaced the old boiler and thermostat at once.
I'm 100% sure that the new boiler support opentherm.

Now I just don't know how to troubleshoot this issue, at least to determine in which side the problem lies, i.e., if it's a nest heatlink issue or a boiler issue. I guess I would have to try with another thermostat...

Best regards,
Pedro.

Reply to Nest Thermostat can't detect OpenTherm connection on a Baxi boiler in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net