Discuss Need advice with new downstairs toilet / sink - Waste issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

icemancomeths

Hi all,

I am pretty much a novice and on a budget hence why I am trying to do the work myself.

I wish to convert a downstairs utility room into a toilet and a sink. Currently I have running hot and cold water so that's not the issue. The issue is with the waste.

There already is a waste pipe (4cm) going into the outside Soil Pipe (10cm), this was the old washing machine waste pipe.

My questions are this:
1. Can the Toilet waste be fed through this 4cm pipe?
2. If not then what tools / steps are needed to cut a 10cm through a brick wall then into the soil pipe?

I hope I'm not too vague and appreciate your help.

Thanks

1 - no!
2 - usually a core drill or hammer and chisel

you will have to contact building control as it a new toilet install not just a replacement

Hi all,

I am pretty much a novice and on a budget hence why I am trying to do the work myself.

I wish to convert a downstairs utility room into a toilet and a single pedestal sink. Currently I have running hot and cold water so that's not the issue. The issue is with the waste.

There already is a waste pipe (4cm) going into the outside Soil Pipe (10cm), this was the old washing machine waste pipe.

My questions are this:
2. If not then what tools / steps are needed to cut a 10cm through a brick wall then into the soil pipe?

I hope I'm not too vague and appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hello Icemancomeths,
Yes this is sufficient for toilet waste.

No need to such things

Hello Icemancomeths,
Yes this is sufficient for toilet waste.

No need to such things

as this was initially posted almost 5 years ago I would hazard a guess that the work has been done by now.

And you ain't getting a toilet waste through a 40mm/4cm pipe unless it's attached to a macerator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need advice with new downstairs toilet / sink - Waste issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet...
Replies
Views
Hi could anyone give advice please ? I went to look at a new build for sale they are apartments/ one house on top of another all properties will...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock