Discuss Need advice on a macerator install? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys. As the title suggests, I have a customer wanting a toilet and basin fitted under her stairs which is located in the centre of the terraced house. Would a Macerator solve the issue of getting rid of the waste water without an internal drain to link on to? I've not installed a macerator before but on reading up on them I'm unsure whether it's doable. Do all macerators need a vent pipe to atmosphere? Any advice would be a great help.

RPM has gone missing lol .
Yes you could do it providing you can get the waste pipe into the soil stack .

RPM has gone missing lol .
Yes you could do it providing you can get the waste pipe into the soil stack .
The idea would be to run the waste from the macerator at low level to the back of the house, where there's a drain. I'm unsure whether the pipe will need to fall or because it's pumped should it be level? Do all macerators need a separate vent pipe? Can it go to a drain that serves the bathroom above or does it need to get to the soil pipe?

They can pump vertically and horizontal for a fair distance, but they are designed for straight runs , with minimum bends ( pull any bends ) etc not elbows going everywhere. If you install it use 22 mm copper not overflow pipe, I run a mile if I see plastic.

I will try to contact RPM
But I think he is having a break from here

They can pump vertically and horizontal for a fair distance, but they are designed for straight runs , with minimum bends ( pull any bends ) etc not elbows going everywhere. If you install it use 22 mm copper not overflow pipe, I run a mile if I see plastic.
Does it not have to be 1 1/4" solvent for the discharge?
Also what about connection to an open drain or does it need to go into a soil stack? The Ines I've seen seem to use a vent pipe. It will be picking up a WC and basin.

The only one I did with a vent pipe was a huge one that went in a factory . I have never seen a vent pipe on anything domestic.
I am no sani expert but 1 1/4 to the sani , but I have always used 22mm copper from the sani to the soil pipe , would never risk plastic on that . Just use a strap on boss on to the soil pipe , biggest problem is the run to the soil pipe.
If the customer wants it , drum , and I mean drum it in to them that all that goes down the pan is what comes out of them , NOTHING else .
No wipes , No kitchen roll , No tampons etc etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Need advice on a macerator install? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than...
Replies
Views
N
Hi, i'm looking for some advice on improving the performance of my electric shower as it frequently fluctuates in temperature and flow. The 8.5kw...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wondered if i could get some expert advice regarding a ground floor flat I have purchased and about to move into. The building is circa...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016...
Replies
Views
Hi, we have a bath that has been connected through a macerator and won't fully drain. Macerator is a Stuart Turner WC4C. It has been plumbed so...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock