Search the forum,

Discuss Advice for low pressure to electric shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

N

Nicketyname

Hi, i'm looking for some advice on improving the performance of my electric shower as it frequently fluctuates in temperature and flow.
The 8.5kw shower was installed in April so is fairly new, the property however is a terraced house with 1.6 bar water pressure at the stopcock, any kind of toilet flushing or taps being turned on results in the water pressure dropping to unusuable levels. The house has a combi boiler on the second floor.
When the shower is on turning the temperature on it down to cold results in a slight increase of flow but obviously you have a cold shower so not a solution.
I was looking at installing a water pump like the Showerpowerbooster but am unsure if this would remedy the problem? or does it need something more heavy duty?
Thanks,
Luke

1.6bar static is useless for a electric shower, you require 2.5/3bar to allow for toilet flushing etc.
If you have a CWST in the attic then I woud advise to go away and buy a pumped electric shower, ie one with its own internal pump, very popular here but I have a mains one but no problems as static pressure 3.8bar at the S.cock.
If you havn't a CWST then, even though it invalidates the warranty, install a PRV set to say 0.5bar, to feed the shower.
The Showerpowerbooster may do the job but I have never seen a proper pump curve for it.

Tbh that’s normal an accumulator will help

Reply to Advice for low pressure to electric shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock