Search the forum,

Discuss New Flat / New Heating Advice needed! Thanks! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

Wondered if i could get some expert advice regarding a ground floor flat I have purchased and about to move into.

The building is circa 1850, about 160 years old, an old police station and built pretty sturdy. The heating system that is currently there are panel heaters in each of the rooms. I understand this wont be the most efficient way to heat the place so I wanted to reach out for some advice on what to install there for best results long term?

The flat needs renovating but is liveable for the time being. The flat currently has electricity to it but no gas, I'm unsure at this stage whether I could have gas piped in, but really i want to know what would be the best from a cost point of view and a modernisation point of view to install new heating? Would this be central, storage heaters or underfloor heating?

Maybe there is a new kid on the block that i don't know about in order to heat a flat... what would be your advice?

I have attached a couple of pictures below of the current panel heaters and hot water boiler.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_9357.JPG
IMG_9370.JPG

Air source heat pump but it needs designing and installing correctly else it will munch through electric

Also as it’s a multi are you even allowed too ?

Air source heat pump but it needs designing and installing correctly else it will munch through electric

Also as it’s a multi are you even allowed too ?
what exactly is a air source heat pump? do you have a link to something kindly? :)

I know i would need to have day and night electricity correctly installed as well if i went down storage heater route.

Regarding gas - know some flats you can't have gas but this is a freehold flat, ground floor and there is a gas pipe running directly outside the flat. i would need to check if it can be installed though.

Reply to New Flat / New Heating Advice needed! Thanks! in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock