Search the forum,

Discuss Moving an unvented cylinder, should I notify it with building control via Gas Safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannypipe

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
The title says it all.

I'm moving an unvented cylinder from a house, to a anex that has been built for the property.

At some point I will be installing a new heating system with a new cylinder back in the main house. Which I will notify to building control via Gas Safe.

Do you guys think I should notify the Cylinder that I am moving? Bit of a weird one huh! Any thoughts apreciated. Don't know if I'll get many replies as I leave at 6.30am to go do the work!

Cheers,

Dan

Re: Moving an unvented cylinder, should I notify it with building control via Gas Saf

Well... I would have thought if you move it then it becomes a new install so...yes you need to notify, however if it is allready there and you are planning to install a new system i.e. boiler, cylinder etc is the old cylinder going to stay?? If its only a temp job then I wouldn't bother.

Still make sure it comply though.

Re: Moving an unvented cylinder, should I notify it with building control via Gas Saf

I agree with you 100% it should probably be notified.

The new location will be its final location. Then once the builders have finished the extension next year, I'll be back in the main house to install the various systems in the main house.

They just didn't want to waste their unvented cylinder, plus they have a bathroom in the new anex. Basically they are having an extension on the main house, and they are going to live in the anex while the building work is underway. However the cylinder will stay in the anex now.

I always make sure my work complies. It's not worth the risk cutting corners. Though I think maybe I'll offer them the option of having it notified. I think the responsibility lies with the builder/owner. Its a bit of a grey area this. If it was a gas boiler, then i would notify it. So I guess the same applies...or does it!?

Just move it. The notify police or cylinder friendly society won't knock on the door :)

its not notified through gas safe though? the boiler installation is, i think its local authority you need to notify?

its not notified through gas safe though? the boiler installation is, i think its local authority you need to notify?

You are only moving it in same house so you don't need to inform anyone as long as you have ticket

Cool, thanks chaps. Just this minute got home from doing said work. I won't be notifying it, seems like a waste of time from what you've told me. Of course I have the ticket....and the installation is spot on. Jobs a good un!

Cool, thanks chaps. Just this minute got home from doing said work. I won't be notifying it, seems like a waste of time from what you've told me. Of course I have the ticket....and the installation is spot on. Jobs a good un!

Then jusy collect money lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving an unvented cylinder, should I notify it with building control via Gas Safe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock