Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer tap connection in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

bjl

Hi
I have a old mixer tap in my kitchen not sure what brand and it has solid copper connections going to it the threaded brass soldered end going into tap. Unfortunately there is a pinhole on the collar of the brass connection so i need to fix it or replace it with flexible tails. But the tap has a odd sized thread its not metric or imperial so what would it be ?BSP ? its about 12mm in diameter, ideas could i retap the thread on tap to metric or get a adaptor to go to metric flexible tail
thanks

Have you removed the tap?

Just take it to the merchants and try what they have- I suspect it’s 12mm (what makes you think it isn’t? - have you tried this already?)

If it’s for the uk market it will be 8, 10 or 12 mm.

Failing that - mend the pin hole with solder.

Have you removed the tap?

Just take it to the merchants and try what they have- I suspect it’s 12mm (what makes you think it isn’t? - have you tried this already?)

If it’s for the uk market it will be 8, 10 or 12 mm.

Failing that - mend the pin hole with solder.
I have tried m12 bolt in hole in tap and it does not fit. I would rather replace with flex hoses as haven't got blowtorch to solder hole

No bolt threads are different to M12 etc

Reply to Mixer tap connection in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Okay so I went and purchased this nice Grohe Bau Curve Kitchen Mono Mixer Tap and I knew it came with 6mm bore flexi tails which was fine because...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've bought an Arezzo Matt Black Instant Boiling Water Kitchen Tap (Includes Tap, Boiler + Filter) from Victorian Plumbing to install in my...
Replies
Views
Hi. Novice here! Bathroom mixer tap was getting 'sticky' and I so sprayed some wd-40 silicone lubricant through some of the gaps - unfortunately...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
L
Hi. Novice here! Bathroom mixer tap was getting 'sticky' and I so sprayed some wd-40 silicone lubricant through some of the gaps - unfortunately...
Replies
Views
Leicesterfan
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock