Search the forum,

Discuss Arezzo Instant boiling water tap - No hot water input in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I've bought an Arezzo Matt Black Instant Boiling Water Kitchen Tap (Includes Tap, Boiler + Filter) from Victorian Plumbing to install in my summer house which i'm converting into a bar.

As there is only one cold water source coming into the building i thought the boiling water tap would provide the hot water by combining the boiling and cold through a mixer but it turns out it has a hot water input to connect to the mixer tap.

I'm not too fussed about having warm water from the tap as we could just fill the sink with boiling water and then top up with the cold but.....

Question is; should i just T off the cold pipe and have the cold going into both hot/cold inputs? Or would the mixer in the tap be able to take a T from the boiling line to the hot water input? Not sure exactly if turning the mixer tap to full hot would then result in boiling water coming out which would be less than ideal. Or would the mixer prevent the water coming out from being too hot?.....if that makes sense?

Thanks!
Craig

I wouldn’t be supplying the mixer tap with boiling water, I’m not even sure it’s possible from on of those taps. If you don’t blank off the hot side of mixer, then water could eject from the bottom, and you may risk a dead leg by just blanking off. Could you swap the mixer tap For just a cold tap? I suppose you could supply both the hot and cold of mixer with cold, but ensuring that both supplies are used.

I've bought an Arezzo Matt Black Instant Boiling Water Kitchen Tap (Includes Tap, Boiler + Filter) from Victorian Plumbing"

Return it and try to get a refund. You need a small electric water heater to provide hot water at a safe temperature and a kettle for boiling water.

What you're proposing is very dangerous.

I've bought an Arezzo Matt Black Instant Boiling Water Kitchen Tap (Includes Tap, Boiler + Filter) from Victorian Plumbing"

Return it and try to get a refund. You need a small electric water heater to provide hot water at a safe temperature and a kettle for boiling water.

What you're proposing is very dangerous.
Unfortunately i'm away offshore with work now and won't be back till February so they'll likely not accept the request for a refund by that time.

If I T-off the cold water pipe then the main tap just becomes a cold tap and the boiling water tap would still require the safety lock to be disabled in order to use it as per normal operation

Reply to Arezzo Instant boiling water tap - No hot water input in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock