Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing Bathroom Mixer Tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. Novice here!

Bathroom mixer tap was getting 'sticky' and I so sprayed some wd-40 silicone lubricant through some of the gaps - unfortunately it has made it seize up and the tap needs quite a bit of force to either turn it on or change temperature. I'd used the silicon spray on a couple of other taps which worked well, so not sure what the difference has been with this one.

Anyway, I'm thinking I need to replace the cartridge in the tap but I'm not sure too what size I need. Can I remove the lever of the tap (understand it's just an Allen key under the hit/cold indicator) to check the size without turning off the water first?

I ask this because there is no isolation valve for the bathroom sink. I know where the stopcock is for the cold water but I've got a few different valves for the hot water in the airing cupboard so not too sure which I'd need to turn off!

Ideally I'd take the lever off, buy the correct cartridge then sort out fitting a new one.

Thanks

Sounds like you have a plastic cartridge, so you may get away with a generic 40mm one, but you‘ll need to remove the headgear and cartridge to replace, unless you know the make and model of the tap?

Reply to Fixing Bathroom Mixer Tap in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock