Discuss Marcrist ddm2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
George - I found the gear on mine hard to change. I have the three speed one. You have to manually shift the chuck and slot it into gear. There is info in the Sparky instructions about this. I hope we haven't damaged the gear box because we actually span the drill out of gear at the start and then when the motor slowed, we slotted it into gear. What do you think? Tamz you have used these???

Its not the same as a DDM1 which is a totally different drill. This is a total beast of a drill compared to the DDM1.

It looks the same gun as the old DDM2/3 Danny.
Probably made by the same company. There are a few similar machines under different brands (do an image search for handheld core drill).
You have to (usually) move the chuck to change gears. This is common on a lot of tools.
I just leave mine in speed 3 for everything unless i need more torque on a particularly deep hole (the clutch kicks in more on higher speeds).

tamz is the 3 speed better than the 2 speed as it looks like the top end speed is the same for both at 950 cheers jcd

Speed 3 on a ddm3 is >3000rpm, speed 2 around 1800.

Speed 2 on a ddm2 is >2000rpm

more speed means quicker holes :)

just managed to read the small print on the ddm3 sparky,
No Load Speed: 950/2,100/4,300/min. so I might save the other £100 for that one

Last edited by a moderator:
more speed means quicker holes :)

Usually but depending what you are drilling it sometimes glazes the tips if you are dry drilling.
Run the core in a bit sandstone to deglaze and sharpen it again.

I paid around £250 for my ddm2 and £4 odds for the ddm3 so these ones are a lot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Marcrist ddm2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am looking to see if anyone has purchased a bar shower where the hot is incoming from the right and cold coming from the left...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock