Discuss Macerator noise comparison Saniflo vs Grundflos: Desperate to do the right thing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to pick up on your thread but I'm in a similar situation needing to replace an old (>10yrs) Sanitop 2 that is on the way out and very noisy. Have been looking at Uniflo 4, various Saniflo models, and the Grundfos Sololift2 WC-1. Latter is 70dB(A) which is far greater noise than the 46dB(A) for the Saniflo. That has to be several times louder.

What to do?

Hi i wrote the original post. My plumber installed a Saniflo shortly after and said it was quieter. I wish i had gone for the Saniflo really. It is really noisy to me but really hard to know. No one interested in doing comparison review of macerators! Wonder why!

Reactions: rpm
Thanks for your reply. What was the Saniflo product/model you had installed please? Yes, I love how the manufacturer's describe them as quiet in operation and omit technical data on noise levels from their sales brochures. None of the promotional videos ever show operation of the equipment.

• Disagree
Reactions: rpm
Thanks for your reply. What was the Saniflo product/model you had installed please? Yes, I love how the manufacturer's describe them as quiet in operation and omit technical data on noise levels from their sales brochures. None of the promotional videos ever show operation of the equipment.
Which model depends what you wish it to deal with, wc only, plus a basin, or a shower as well? There is not a great deal of difference sound wise.
db levels can be found online but as a rough guide the sound of an old fashion cistern refilling was louder and lasted longer.

It's WC only. Using an uncalibrated noise meter (app) the failing Sanitop 2 registers around 60dB(A). I like the Grundfos as it seems more durable and service is easier (I've had to strip down and unblock the Sanitop 2 too often), but 70dB(A) is not quiet. Can it really be that loud?

i bought and installed the Grundfos Sololift 2 CWC-3 Wall-Hung Macerator. Same db as yours i think. It's loud. My plumber installed a Saniflo elsewhere, i never heard it, he said quieter but may have been just saying that to wind me up!

It's WC only. Using an uncalibrated noise meter (app) the failing Sanitop 2 registers around 60dB(A). I like the Grundfos as it seems more durable and service is easier (I've had to strip down and unblock the Sanitop 2 too often), but 70dB(A) is not quiet. Can it really be that loud?
If you prefer the Grundfos for the reasons given then go for it.

It's not necessarily a strong preference. I heard from some users of the Uniflo 4 who said noise levels are lower, similar to Saniflo. Do you have experience with the Uniflo 4? My main concern is to keep the noise as low as possible. Thanks again.

Just Googled the Uniflo 4 and I`ve seen it under different manufactures names, components used are similar to the Saniflo but all I would say is that they tend to be built to a price then shipped in.

Yes, I'm concerned that a few dB(A) savings is not a worthwhile trade for more frequent maintenance. I've decided to go with the Grundfos unit and box it in if needed to contain the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Macerator noise comparison Saniflo vs Grundflos: Desperate to do the right thing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock