Discuss Macerator noise comparison Saniflo vs Grundflos: Desperate to do the right thing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I live in a second floor flat and my toilet needs a macerator. I have bought the Grundfos Sololife 2 CWC-3 wall hung macerator 620W from Screwfix. Grundfos tell me the noise level for this pump is 70dB(A). It cost me £320.

I bought this a while ago as had to wait for the builders, so now would be difficult to return.

However, I am desperate to do right by my neighbours and want the quietest solution. My old building is like a tin can.

I see that Saniflo do a similar type to the one i want, much more expensive and i think a newer model the Sanipack Pro Up. It says the Bruit is 48dB(A). This will cost me at least £400.

I have a floating chipboard floor on top of joists. The builders tell me they are going to put some underlay down and screw the mascerator to the floor. Can they do more?

Can anyone please advise me, should i make the change. Will this make a significant difference? Are these noise ratings really comparable?

Thank you to any kind, informed person who can help me!

Leigh

Bruit ? What branch of medicine are you in?

Stick with what you`ve brought, just follow the instructions re installation.

Bruit ? What branch of medicine are you in?

Stick with what you`ve brought, just follow the instructions re installation.

I'm just reading what is on the website. Not in medicine.
It would really appreciate it if you could share with me why you are giving me this advice, so i can understand your thinking.

Grundfos is a good pump correctly installed and used.
To sell it you would loose money.
I don`t believe everything I read.
I`ve yet to hear the new Saniflo Up range as they are so new on the market.

Okay. Thank you for taking the time!

Reactions: rpm
Hi i've installed the Grundfos, and it runs every 5-7 hours when not in use. Can you tell me if this is expected. I called technical support and they told me it wasn't and to check the return valve (which plumber said okay), leaking appliances (toilet and shower - seem okay) and if not faulty pressure valve. Got a replacement from screwfix, installed that, does exactly the same thing. In your experience would you expect the macerator to come on a run for a few seconds periodically when not in use? Have no idea what to do now. Please help maserator expert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Macerator noise comparison Saniflo vs Grundflos: Desperate to do the right thing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock