Discuss looking for work/ experience - Manchester area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil T

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Hi all,

I'm currently doing my level 3 tech cert at Trafford college having completed the level 2 and looking for work or experience to help sign off my NVQ level 2.
I have completed the maintenance/ repair side of the NVQ (doing jobs on my own house) but need 2 bathrooms to finish the c/w and h/w side of it. I have one bathroom lined up (replace wc and basin) for c/w part but depends whether the NVQ assessor will allow me to have it signed off as I don't have public liability due to not being s/employed or working for someone.
I am thinking of going it alone at some point in the future but any experience I can get would be greatly appreciated, as I know it takes time to get up to speed, and to have the know how of each job thrown at you.
I will be looking to get myself on the ACS course after my level 3 and also looking into doing some renewables in the future too (ground source heat pumps, underfloor heating etc).
I'm 42, and have been interested in getting into the plumbing trade for about 10 years or so but never did anything about it until (thankfully!) I got made redundant from my last job so grabbed the opportunity to do something about it.
I'm a keen, hard worker (not scared of a bit of graft!), quick to learn - more so when its the hands on approach, good to get on with (well I think so but the missus may have other opinions) and customer friendly :D
If anyone can help out with anything from part-time to full-time, paid or just to complete my NVQ, then it would be most appreciated.
I live in the Sale area of Manchester, have own transport if needed and a set of tools (probably not the complete set needed though but time will heal that sore!)

Thanks for having a read and look forward to the millions of offers coming my way ... well one would be awesome to be honest :D

Neil T

Best of luck Neil, I'm having to go it alone and its not easy but it can be done. Hope you get someone to take you on though.

Cheers for that. Like I said its just to get this NVQ out of the way and get a bit of experience, but if I can get some work out of it, all the better. I've looked into starting up myself and have been reading some posts about getting public liability and pricing jobs. The latter is still a bit daunting, as I don't want to work for near to nothing or scare the work away, but it's a learning curve I'll have to conquer I suppose :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to looking for work/ experience - Manchester area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Back