Search the forum,

Discuss loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
has anyone used Loctite 55 and what's your opinion thanks

Check out their www site they used to give away a sample spool .....regards Turnpin:punk:

Check out their www site they used to give away a sample spool .....regards Turnpin:punk:

Thanks ill have to do that now,
do you all use its instead of ptfe, gas paste... or only on some applications?
thanks

dont think ive ever had a threaded joint leak with 55 not sure its as good as tape on unions like traps and tap cons

Ive never used locktite so im curious to see what fols think aswell, when served my time i was never introduced to it so ive never started,

love it, used ptfe before but since tried loctite, not going back. only use ptfe occasionally on old olives

Good stuff. In a tidy spool. Unlike ptfe which ends up all over the tool bag.

Great stuff I use it for loads of things. I like the liquid ptfe for posh towel rail and cast iron radiator unions. Expensive at ÂŁ15 a tub though.

Great stuff, the big spools last for ages and can be had cheaply from flea bay. Also nice you can back off quite a bit and not worry about leaks.

Only problem i have with it is that you cant use it on oil

I'm a fan of it too.
I find you can undo the joint a bit if you've overwound it withoput it leaking.

Loctite 55 is the business get your free sample from the link below

[DLMURL="http://www.loctite55.co.uk/index.php?FOLDERID=18078&"]Henkel Loctite - Loctite 55 - Request a sample[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not something I use on a daily basis but definitely very handy

Great stuff, used it 15yrs or so back, only one problem that I recall and that is you can`t see how much is left in the tub.

can also be used as floss - if youve got big gaps

I'm a fan of it too.
I find you can undo the joint a bit if you've overwound it withoput it leaking.

I said that to the rep at PHEX last year, he winked and said they can't advertise that in case someone floods a castle or something!

Great stuff I use it for loads of things. I like the liquid ptfe for posh towel rail and cast iron radiator unions. Expensive at ÂŁ15 a tub though.

your paying way too much.
going rate is about 8quid for a 50metre spool round here. but i get it for 2 quid as a local indy bought a load and cant shift it....

Its good tack. My old boss back home used to make us use flax/hemp and boss white nothing else. Its good stuff

Great stuff, never had a leak with it.

The only thing I would change would be to make the lid easier to remove, its a pain in the bum if you lose the thread and have to get the lid off.

Thanks for all your replies, just got my free sample just need to try it out now

Loctite 55 is the business get your free sample from the link below

[DLMURL="http://www.loctite55.co.uk/index.php?FOLDERID=18078&"]Henkel Loctite - Loctite 55 - Request a sample[/DLMURL]

arrived today, cheers mate. Can't argue with a freebie

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to loctite 55 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock