Discuss Life span of flexible tap connectors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
not quite true, wras approved ones are suitable for potable water. There was an issue where non approved flexi hoses were used in a hospital and there was a bacterial build up on the hoses causing an outbreak of infections and some fatalities ( i believe, havent seen the report for a while)

i work in a hospital and as of 2 months ago i am not allowed to fit anywhere on hot or cold water. everything has to be hard piped due to many problems with legionella counts. gets me loads of overtime hard piping everything.:)

They are used on radiant heat panels in suspended ceilings though.

Screw B&Q Fix advertise the cheap versions as not suitable for potable water, but the WRAS ones are ok by them. Wonder what the difference is?

I have had 2 (installed by others) fail recently, so i am definitely off them. I prefer now to use plastic pipe plus tap connector and isolating valve. For basins and sinks at mains pressure I like 10 mm plastic pipe which bends easily. Of the 2 flexible connectors which failed one was atrociously installed on filling loop with tight bend AND touching floor and braiding wore away vibrating against floor so presumably then punctured inner pipe (revealing that isolating valve did not close fully). The other was a fairly tight bend, and MAY have been reused from a different location, with likely different bends.

Don't use flexi tap connectors, which are a cowboy job. Bending up offsets & fitting tap connectors only takes minutes. Flexi tap connectors burst also!! Rats eat flexi WC connectors.

Have fitted hundreds of flexies. Failures.....0.
Been in the game for 34 years but thanks to a few people on here that don't like flexies, any potential customer that looks at this forum will consider anybody that dares to use a flexie as a cowboy.
Yeehaa boys and girls, back to the ranch I guess.

Only had a two blow. Same job. 1m long 15mm plastic braded ones. Brading long gone ballon inning rubber inners. Told custard, ignored me, 10pm on a Sunday night that same week!!!! Help? Flexi on heating is insane!

We have just changed loads of them in a hospital. They have their place but do harbour legionella.

Lazy plumbing IMHO.

qe8uhahe.jpg

I've seen a few flexis fail, mainly though due to what I suspect is frost damage (caravans get bloody cold over winter). I always use copper tails where possible because they just seem an easier safer bet. I've fitted a few flexis but don't like them.

I recently replaced a burst flexi that failed because bleach based cleaning products had got past the tap to basin seal and corroded the stainless steel braiding. That, mind you was the first that I have come accross. However, reading this thread has given me pause for thought about changing to copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Life span of flexible tap connectors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock