Discuss Leaky Shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
rsz_photo1146.jpgrsz_photo1147.jpg

Afternoon,

One leaking shower. A Bristan 1901. Installed 6 years ago in a customer's house. It's leaking, as the second picture shows, from between the handle section and the very next gold ring section. It's a constant drip.

My questions are:

1) Which part(s) would I need to replace? I'm guessing some kind of o-ring or seal.

2) Can anyone confirm which one of 1901 range it is from this link Bristan Spares - Bristan Shower Spares - Bristan Spare or Part I think it looks like this one Bristan 1901 Easytherm Thermostatic Shower Adjustable Riser - Gold | Bristan | Shower Spares | Shower Doctor

3) Underneath the diagram listed with a hundred numbers there is a available spares list with only two numbers listed. Looks like there is only one o-ring available, would this be the one I'm after?

4) If yes to all of the above is it just a case of isolate supplies, remove cap, undo screw, pull off pieces, replace o-ring, re-assemble, test?

Thanks

1) Seals kit for the cartridge

2) It looks quite old so would ring Bristan as the shower doctor one looks different

4) Isolate, take off handles, pull out cartridge, replace seals, grease and refit

Had a similar problem a few years back and contacted the manufacturers direct. They were very helpful both with the needed advice, and the required part. Call them with the serial number or model number and explain the problem.

agree with the above - should be a relatively simple job proividing everything undoes ok!!!!

Thanks everyone, have emailed Britsan with photo.

And yes, I've tried to give up on ever thinking a job will be quick and simple but I do fall back into old habbits. Finished a quoted 3 hour job in an hour recently and found myself thinking "Blimey, that went well." Just when I was wondering how to fill up another half hour tidying things up I noticed a weep. Took nearly 4 hours in the end.

Thanks everyone, have emailed Britsan with photo.

And yes, I've tried to give up on ever thinking a job will be quick and simple but I do fall back into old habbits. Finished a quoted 3 hour job in an hour recently and found myself thinking "Blimey, that went well." Just when I was wondering how to fill up another half hour tidying things up I noticed a weep. Took nearly 4 hours in the end.

oh mate nightmare

Update: Got seals kit through after emailing them a picture. As mentioned before not done one of these before. The seal kit comes with 2 large black rings, two smaller ones and a white plastic one. Do I need to replace all of these when I dismantle on job or is some of it spare / unnecessary?

rsz_photo1166.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaky Shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
My parents are having a great deal of trouble with their Daryl Hydra shower due to this little plastic part being broken. It's the temperature...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking for a spare flow cartridge for an old Bristan Zing shower mixer (model ZI SHXSMCT C). The part which I need has been...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock