Discuss Ladders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I need to invest in some ladders.

What ladders are recommended.

I see that some plumbers roofs are covered with different ones!

I think I need a pair of step ladders? and any others?

What do you have/use?

Thanks all

Rocket

i have about 12 different pairs of ladders, steps, bench etc......

it depends what work your doing tbh. celing heights etc....... i would say you need a hop up bench for near 2.4m ceiling height stuff and also for cutting timber and the like. A step ladder which can be used to get to higher ceilings and into lofts and a extension ladder to reach above average gutter heights. a tripple ext ladder is a good idea.

extension ladders with d shaped rungs are more comfortable to work off. only buy class 1.

you can get some combi ladders that can work as a step ladder and extension which can be useful but can be limited in one of the ways its used. ie either too big for inside as a step or to small as a extension.

you can spend a fortune really but a good ladder/step will last you for years.

Several! I have a couple of differant length step ladders in the van, small set for some boilers, longer for loft hatches. A set of tripple extension ladders that live at home unless needed (kills fuel economey if left on roof) and a short set of double extenders. I also have a stand off and pair of roof hooks, though would at some point like a proper roof ladder.

The british gas ones are great mate but unsure of make i have to buy new ones now and im guttered but there are similar ones on ebay.

i use a youngmans fibreglass green 4 tred stepladder same again but a 7 tred a trebble 14 extention ladder and a 16/13 roof ladder and that does for me never leave them on the roof when not needed though allways go in the garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ladders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock