Search the forum,

Discuss Lack of Hot water to shower! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaw

We have moved in to a new house about 4 months ago, the house was built and lived in by a builder who seems to have done all the work himself!. We currently have a standard 1050 x 450 indirect vented hot water cylinder in the loft that supplies the hot water for the house and to the shower via a Salamander ESP 75 pump (4 bedroom large detached house), the pressure at the shower head is fine. The tank is heated via the boiler and we also have an immersion heater to heat the water more quickly, if needed. The complaint I have is that the cylinder seems to quickly empty of hot water. My wife will shower for about 5 - 6 minutes and then I will shower straight after for the same amount of time, but the hot water usually runs out. Is it just a case of replacing our cylinder for a larger one, or are there other solutions available?:confused:

Hi. Does the cylinder seem to heat in total. Perhaps the cylinder stat is to high up the cylinder or the hot water temp is to low. The shower head/rose may / can deliver to much. One with smaller holes perhaps. Or treat the wife like a girl friend, shower together. Good Luck

The shower head is an 8" circular disk fixed head. Do you think this could be a factor. Would increasing the cylinder size help?

With a pump supply to an 8” head you are likely to be using around 25 l/min of hot water so in 5 mins 125 litres. A 1050 x 450 holds about 140 litres.

Get a bigger cylinder or as justlead1 suggests shower together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lack of Hot water to shower! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock