Discuss Job of the Month in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

On the Tilers Forum they do this as a bit of fun and forum members post pics of the jobs they have done that month and everyone can post votes on that thread.

Can we not do this?

4e9187cd-8162-34d6.jpg

Does that count as an install?

Seems like a good idea show off our own skills need people to be willing to upload photos though

Congrats SimonJohns on your remarkable install. Like the wee pump installed in the middle of the baby. Stopped doing these types of installations as the last two were exhausting on completetion and one has been ongoing for 8 years and another for 15 months and Mrs System3 has me watching the theory side instead (**** channel!)

Nice one Simon, boy or girl?

Don't know. That was our 12 week scan on Tuesday

We find out on the 20week scan

Congrats SimonJohns on your remarkable install. Like the wee pump installed in the middle of the baby. Stopped doing these types of installations as the last two were exhausting on completetion and one has been ongoing for 8 years and another for 15 months and Mrs System3 has me watching the theory side instead (**** channel!)

Thank you

cant do that?.

my tap repairs are better than any ones but they dont picture well?

It would have to be bathrooms or boiler pipework maybe, I agree though uploading is time consuming and my Blackberry is a nightmare.

Don't know. That was our 12 week scan on Tuesday

We find out on the 20week scan

looks like twins or maybe triplets to me !!!!

Congratulations Simon and Mrs Simon,hope all goes well :mickey:

spose you have won the first months competition:punk:

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like twins or maybe triplets to me !!!!

Congratulations Simon and Mrs Simon,hope all goes well :mickey:

Thank you.

i did actually mention this very subject to dave last night not that i'm stealing your thunder system but the seed is already planted lol

Could be any subject we want. One month could be soldering (without snots) another could be pipe bending, another could be large format pipework etc. The list is endless and would not only be a bit of fun but would encourage excellence amongst the members who contribute to the competition. With the latter we could have a beginners competition and encourage the newbies.

There are other very easy ways to upload pics through your moby.

Simon, I've still got my kids scans. Being a dad is the best feeling in the world and I wish you and yours truly all the very best for the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Simon, I've still got my kids scans. Being a dad is the best feeling in the world and I wish you and yours truly all the very best for the future.
thanks very much

We are expecting start of june

One thing though, stock up with fittings, because when you have to start buying nappies, come June you won't be able to afford them!

Great news Simon!! If its your first get as much sleep as poss now before its too late!!

It's our first. I'm a lil excited and a lil nervous.

Don't know what to expect etc

But I've learnt one thing already. I'm glad I'm a plumber earning 70 -80k a year lol ;-)

They ain't cheap

Forget the expenisive disposable nappies, apparantly my mum saved money by wrapping me in some kind or Orvil nappie with a safety pin that was washed and re used.

Let me give you a little tip from my own experience. When the Mrs is giving birth, no matter what you do, do not ever be tempted to look down!!!

At the birth of my daughter last year, it was chaos. The anaesthetic wore off half way through the section and my poor wife felt everything, every little cut with the scalpel. Then the surgeon asked me " Oh look, the baby's head is coming out of mummy's tummy" and like a muppet I looked down at all the blood and gore and through up all over the operating theatre.

Mind you that gas and air stuff is better than a bottle of your finest!

At the birth of my daughter last year, it was chaos. The anaesthetic wore off half way through the section and my poor wife felt everything, every little cut with the scalpel. Then the surgeon asked me " Oh look, the baby's head is coming out of mummy's tummy" and like a muppet I looked down at all the blood and gore and through up all over the operating theatre.

Mind you that gas and air stuff is better than a bottle of your finest!

My 2nd tip is dont let the Mrs read this thread!!

Lol sorry for takin the thread over. Didnt mean to

Thank you all

Congratulations on the baby SimonJohns :)

On the topic of the thread, if a comp does run would I be ok to upload photos of my college work? ATM I only do small repair/replace jobs. I'd only upload pictures of my own work, I have nothing to gain from lying.

if you've done the work and you're confident enough to show it to us lot i say go ahead lol

if you've done the work and you're confident enough to show it to us lot i say go ahead lol

I wouldn't say about being confident

If your starting out or 20yr experienced. Constructive criticism is always good

I doubt anyone on here will be derogative to anyone else

congrats simon,on our second kid the wifey had a c section,not nice to watch and a massive op for a women,dont underestimate what they have to go through it makes a diverter change on a worcester 240 look tame,the surgeon slipped on my other halfs blood shes out of it and her innards are on a drip tray,not good but she and baba survived so best wishes and i hope all goes well bound to bump in to you one day as only in maesteg

congrats simon,on our second kid the wifey had a c section,not nice to watch and a massive op for a women,dont underestimate what they have to go through it makes a diverter change on a worcester 240 look tame,the surgeon slipped on my other halfs blood shes out of it and her innards are on a drip tray,not good but she and baba survived so best wishes and i hope all goes well bound to bump in to you one day as only in maesteg

I work mainly in Cardiff and on commercial. But my dad uses dougfields and I'm down there now and again

Have been looking for your van but haven't seen it yet

Thank you.

Back on topic, can we get this going. If the tilers can do it, surely we can too.

Agreed Simon. No one will be derogative to anyone else.

SamH, College work would be ok and you'd benefit from experienced plumbers giving constructive critisism.

I work mainly in Cardiff and on commercial. But my dad uses dougfields and I'm down there now and again

Have been looking for your van but haven't seen it yet

Thank you.

you will know when you see it my avatars on the side LOL or i could be in disguise in the transit,we have 2 vans one sign written ,the other not wish you best of luck for the future kids change your outlook on everything

Sounds like a great idea. We could have a different topic per month.

Im busy enough in the Ness. I've heard there is a lot of work in aberdeen. But You hear that all the time.. That's why the plumbing market has been flooded. IMO

can predict baby sex just post dob of mum and dob of dad and i can tell you when to get pregnant to have boy or girl dependable on your preferences

'THIS WEEKS WINNER' goes to...........
simon johns

here is your prize, used once only please send details of postal address or collect in person (quickly).:toilet:

thumbnail.aspx.jpg

can predict baby sex just post dob of mum and dob of dad and i can tell you when to get pregnant to have boy or girl dependable on your preferences

Me mum and dad say that would be great if you could help them out,mums dob is 12/3/1937 and dads is 17/9/1932

If you could give them say six or seven weeks notice it would be great,so they can work up to it
:laugh3:

Like a said last night sent me dob of both parents and I will tell you the sex of the baby !

i think this month job is sorted then pregnancy well done fella .

one thing though your not a man till you have a girl lol

About 20 years ago I used to work with a bloke who had been trying to have kids for a long time, in the end the couple finally achieved the dream or nightmare ! Quadruplets all girls
He must of been a real man

About 20 years ago I used to work with a bloke who had been trying to have kids for a long time, in the end the couple finally achieved the dream or nightmare ! Quadruplets all girls
He must of been a real man

I bet they had no sleep for the first year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Job of the Month in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Poll
Have you ever / would you ever; Work for a Plumbing Supplier / Electrical Wholesaler - POLLTIME! PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH FRIENDS VIA FACEBOOK...
Replies
Views
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we...
Replies
Views
A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock