Search the forum,

Discuss Issue with zoning a central heating circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pipes

Hi there,

I have recently fitted a heat only boiler in a premesis that has just been halfed into two different sections. Central heating only (no hot water circuit as it was not needed)

The first section is to be used as a office and the second section is to be used as a living area.

*When I started the job originally it was all one office so it was just one big heating circuit that worked from a programmable room stat. ( Worked great! )

However now he wants the circuit to be halfed into two different sections.

I went back and fitted two zone valves and made some alterations to the pipework etc...

My main question is: could 2 wireless programmable room thermostats be wired to the system to control both zones independently? Or does it get complicated as there is no hot water circuit?

we are not seeing what has been done with the pipework!
two programmable wireless stats would do it.

what controls are already in place?
why would the lack of a hot water circuit complicate things??
why no need for hot water??

Two wireless room thermostats would be your simplest approach.

Excellent thanks a lot. I hoped that would work!

Which brings me to another question, do you know if 2 wireless Honeywell programmable room thermostats would interfere with each other?

Many thanks for the help

we are not seeing what has been done with the pipework!
two programmable wireless stats would do it.

what controls are already in place?
why would the lack of a hot water circuit complicate things??
why no need for hot water??

Cheers, yeah I can appreciate you can't see what I have done.

It's a strange setup. Customer wanted a central heating system fitted in an office. All good so I fitted it, a few weeks after complete he then told me he was planning to live there and split the office in two for a seperate living area!! Hence me now zoning it.

As for no need for hot water, he had an electric shower and instantaneous water heaters at all sinks and basically didn't want to fork out for a cylinder!?

It's crazy, I did explain to him that it would be a far better setup but there is no telling some people.

At the moment it's just running as one big heating circuit (sealed) off a standard wireless room thermostat until the spark gets there tomorrow. I have fitted 2 2port valves ready for it to be 're wired.

I was just curious if it would work because my electrical knowledge isn't brilliant and I thought that a traditional s plan has to include hot water.

Cheers for your help

I was just curious if it would work because my electrical knowledge isn't brilliant and I thought that a traditional s plan has to include hot water.

the boiler doesn't know what it is heating, it just responds to the demand.

might have been better with a combi.

Cheers, yeah I can appreciate you can't see what I have done.

It's a strange setup. Customer wanted a central heating system fitted in an office. All good so I fitted it, a few weeks after complete he then told me he was planning to live there and split the office in two for a seperate living area!! Hence me now zoning it.

As for no need for hot water, he had an electric shower and instantaneous water heaters at all sinks and basically didn't want to fork out for a cylinder!?

It's crazy, I did explain to him that it would be a far better setup but there is no telling some people.

At the moment it's just running as one big heating circuit (sealed) off a standard wireless room thermostat until the spark gets there tomorrow. I have fitted 2 2port valves ready for it to be 're wired.

Cheers for your help

Follow a S plan wiring plan , instead off hot water , use the other heating zone ,,

Excellent thanks a lot. I hoped that would work!

Which brings me to another question, do you know if 2 wireless Honeywell programmable room thermostats would interfere with each other?

Many thanks for the help

They usually have dip switches that allow you to avoid crossover.

Pretty easy to set up. Don't forget bypass and pump needs to be set in right location.

Thanks alot! I feel a bit stupid now...

Cheers

Don't !
Its worse when you don't ask!

or the spark could have told you how to do it....
that would have been the time to hang up the tools and become a plasterer!

Havent used those stats yet, but cant see the problem?
I gather the stat controls the zone valve which then turns on the boiler ?

What you want is a Honeywell Sundial RF 5 pack. It comes with a two zone programmer with two RF room stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Issue with zoning a central heating circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock