Discuss ISAR Automatic air vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

surewarm

Hi Does anyone know of a tool to remove automatic air vents from ideal isars?

Just make sure you dump the pressure, not just whip it out like I did on a bad day once. Got soaked, not a good day, never again though :)

Come on gas man the PCB will fail then the spark generator then the diverter then pump and that's a good few wages for the bloke who is repairing it.
Sometimes it's better to have some wages instead of an axe lol

been to a esprit 2 today ideal have not lost there touch LOL

Was it a repair or an axe job (a tad better the esprit than the isar)

That's good then you have your preferred boiler installed / not a bad boiler the gold but for the same money I do prefer the Logic

That's good then you have your preferred boiler installed / not a bad boiler the gold but for the same money I do prefer the Logic
told him i could repair it but he has just moved out of a house where i fitted a performa 8 years ago and its never played up so he has done a google on ideal,been put off and wants a gold back did ask me to fit another performa but i declined

Got some work out of the job then mate and all seems good

Hi thanks for all the quick replies. I am thinking of making a tool to remove these air vents without stripping half the boiler down and was wondering if such a tool was available and what the interest it may be to other engineers. It would of course be usable on other boilers that use the same caleffi type air vent. I think I remember struggling on a potterton puma once due to space restrictions.

Tried a strap wrench but still had to remove fan, burner and flue manifold to get space and even then it wasn't easy. I am trying to come up with a solution for making this job easier and less time consuming (also with increased chance of keeping your hands from melting on the burner).

I've got one of these to do, after having a look at the boiler and the manual, its not going to be easy. You have to take the flue turret out and the rest of the flue manifold according to the instructions. I've got one of these that I'm going to try, hopefully it'll work, but I still don't think there's going to be enough space. If it does, it'll be a massive time saver.

[video=youtube;K5AyJEQ0f-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5AyJEQ0f-o[/video]

I've got one of these to do, after having a look at the boiler and the manual, its not going to be easy. You have to take the flue turret out and the rest of the flue manifold according to the instructions. I've got one of these that I'm going to try, hopefully it'll work, but I still don't think there's going to be enough space. If it does, it'll be a massive time saver.

[video=youtube;K5AyJEQ0f-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5AyJEQ0f-o[/video]

I've done them with 14" grips

No removal of flue, just take fan out. Leave the large plug in the hex and only remove the aav. It just unscrews from the large round plug

I've done them with 14" grips

No removal of flue, just take fan out. Leave the large plug in the hex and only remove the aav. It just unscrews from the large round plug

Oh, so it is possible, I'll give it a try with grips like you, hopefully it'll work. Thanks for the tip.

Fan and burners got to come out anyway for the service. Its just the flue that I don't want to disturb if I can help it.

Oh, so it is possible, I'll give it a try with grips like you, hopefully it'll work. Thanks for the tip.

Fan and burners got to come out anyway for the service. Its just the flue that I don't want to disturb if I can help it.

like simon said, you dont have to touch the flue, if you take the burner out you should realy change the burner gasket, also look at the obvious, you probably know anyway but look for worn probes and dodgey insulation pannels as they are known for that,

like simon said, you dont have to touch the flue, if you take the burner out you should realy change the burner gasket, also look at the obvious, you probably know anyway but look for worn probes and dodgey insulation pannels as they are known for that,

Yeah, I've got a gasket set for the boiler, which I was going to change if needed.
I've also got some Ionisation probes to change if they are the old type or in bad condition.
I'll be sure to make sure everything is OK because as we know these aren't the most reliable boilers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies on how you all carry out this awkward job. Pump pliers/boa strap wrench seems to be the only way to do the job, without removal of the flue manifold being necessary.

I've completed the job.

I used the boa strap wrench to take the air vent off after removing the fan and burner, this worked well. But when replacing the air vent, the strap wrench wouldn't work due to the shape of it. I ended up using grips as suggested to tighten it on.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ISAR Automatic air vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All, does anyone know why the water only fills 1/3 of the way please?
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock