Search the forum,

Discuss Is this a push fit right angle? Can it be removed easily? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This is my first post here and would really appreciate the help.
I realised last week that we have a mouse or rat problem and whilst waiting for my traps to be delivered the little bugger has gnawed through a plumbing fitting! Awoke this morning to the sound of spraying water behind the kitchen units. I turned the water off and finally managed to find where the leak is. Although I'm a little unsure what type of fitting it is. The majority of the fittings are push fitting with screw ends that should be relatively easy to replace whereas the one that has been eaten is a plastic right angle with metal caps - I'm unsure if it is a push fitting (image attached). The one that has been eaten is actually the one behind in the shadow although they are the same. Any idea if this fitting can be easily removed so that I can replace it with a similar push fitting with screw caps?

Cheers, Ryan. plumbing angle.jpg

Looks like either some sort of press fit fitting or a non demountable fitting.

Thanks guys, the quick replies are appreciated. Will have to get myself the marley tool then. Its in a damn awkward place and gonna be a struggle but would prefer it to be done without pulling apart the units. I'm going to try the self amalgamating tape for now until the tool comes.

Thanks again :)

You could try turning the water off, and push the fitting on fully. It could be only partially on.

Wont work unfortunately. I can see the big hole the mouse/rat made right in the middle of the joint. The self amalgamating tape did work either. Couldn't get it to sit properly and be pulled tight enough in the 15cm gap i have to work with. Looks like turning the water on as and when needed until the tool arrives or getting a local guy from rated people who already has the tool to come round for 50 quid(hopefully!).

Piece of rubber and a jubilee clip as a bodge for now?

Piece of rubber and a jubilee clip as a bodge for now?

Oh, and leave a saucer of water out for the rat until it`s caught, that`s what`s it is after.

The jubilee clip isn't a bad idea. Don't know if I have any though, will have to have a look in the tool box. I'm in Leeds (thorner).

And buy some peanut butter and some of these because they work well and plastic piped homes need them, -

image.jpg

Managed to salvage a jubilee clip from a hose lock and folded the self amalgamating tape a few times to make a lump of rubber. Seems to be holding well :) Good call rpm!

best - I had ordered a humane trap from amazon last week when we realised we had mice/rats. I didn't want to kill them if i didn't have to but the little **** has chewed through the pipe before its arrived! Needless to say I visited the local screwfix today and bought something very similar to the above and its in place currently holding a appetising dollop of peanut butter. The gloves are off now!

trap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this a push fit right angle? Can it be removed easily? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock