Discuss Is it just me? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winston

Its gone really quiet in he last couple of weeks :mad:

Not just plumbing - I've noticed loads of vans are sitting on driveways when normally they'd be on the roads somewhere.

I'm what you'd call fairly quiet at the moment but at least I'm busier than a neighbour plumber who's been in the game for many more years than me. But then another plumber I know has been booked solid since last summer and still has at least 2 month's of work waiting for him and has been like that since Xmas.

Just had my busiest month in three years ?? what is that all about even more than november , mind you they are all housewives ......maybe word is getting round about my pipework :D

Hmm!

If its quite now, what when the cuts hit!!!

I would try to add something else beside just Plumbing/gas fitting and heating to your repertoire of jobs you can do.

Funnily enough an employer can ask a Plumber to do work outside his or her trade, just so long as it is felt they are able to do it and they don't drop their wages.
That of course means they can ask you to do labouring jobs or painting.

Its up to the persons work you are doing to protest not you to refuse.

So hey guys and gals! How about gardening?

I would say that perhaps offering all in prices for set work may help as well.

Perhaps buy a load of showers cheap and offer a set price fitting service, people seem to want to know how much things are going to cost, before they ask you to do it.

hi all , quite a few years ago placed ad, "need an outside tap fitting?" phone rang and rang plus led to more work. give it a try !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it just me? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back