Discuss Illegal hot water tank install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Really was only wondering if there is a body like gas safe that covers hot water tank installs as gas safe don't get involved in that. Local building control are involved at this stage
Unfortunately there isn't unless the person who installed it is registered under a Competent Persons Scheme which they won't be.
If you paid the builder for the work to install the cylinder you will need to go back to them for redress as they would / should be aware that the installation falls under AD Part G (3) & it is notifiable.
If you paid for it yourself then you didn't carry out the due diligent tests to ensure that the person carrying out the work was competent to do so, unfortunately it will be down to you to get it corrected & notified as you are the house owner.

These people are around. They give us all a bad name. If one is operating in your neighbourhood best reporting might be to your friends and neighbours.

Always two sides to a story, obviously poor work if gas safe involved (don't hold your breath) and wrong discharge pipe material, however just to quell my curiosity, were the works carried out by the cheapest quote?

When your area gas safe representative vists to do a inspection point out your concerns these faults will need to rectified by a G3 engineer and any gas faults by a gas safe registered company , I have had experience of this having corrected a few installations the original installers had to repay a good percentage of the install costs and agree to retrain or lose their registration, their future installs are then inspected to make sure they meet a decent standard workmanship and all the regulations, believe me this is a real PITA and it will really make them think twice before breaking any future regulations . Kop

Reply to Illegal hot water tank install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
R
Hi, I’ve purchased a new build property and had a few issues with the unvented hot water system. I’ve now asked the developer, builder and plumber...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock