Discuss Unvented Hot Water System in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

but did you reheat the cylinder for an hour?

You haven't got the valve I wanted to see but never mind. Once you have closed the valve Shaun asked you to, close the one on the very top of the cylinder too. There should be no water from hot taps after an initial short run off.
Open them both again once you have found out whether it stops running or not.
Evening, the water stopped after the initial run off as you said.

And if you can keep a note on how long the boiler is fired / on

Ah, I am silly arenā€™t I!! I will try this again now and let you know in the morning
Good morning,
So, the hot water was on from 6-7am, just tried hot water and itā€™s probably a little warmer but still not hot as it should be.
I did notice that the secondary return pipe where it enters the cylinder was hot to touch when brass valve under the pump was turned off but when I turn it back to open it instantly goes cold. No idea if this means anything.

Thank you.

Right now turn turning the lever valve off at the top of the cylinder eg the pipe leaving the centre top of the cylinder and the pump one keep that off aswell please

Correct but does the cylinder heat up / you have hotter water, if you do have hotter water that means water is flowing out of your cylinder all the time maybe

Also the red valve on the left wall just higher than the immersion is this open?

Correct but does the cylinder heat up / you have hotter water, if you do have hotter water that means water is flowing out of your cylinder all the time maybe

Also the red valve on the left wall just higher than the immersion is this open?
So am I to turn of the lever on the top of the cylinder, turn the boiler on, wait a while, turn the lever back to open and test the water temp from the tap?
Red valve to the left is open.
Thank you for your patience

Yes your testing if the cylinder will heat up at all when you re open the top lever valve after an hour and it gets instantly hot around 6ā€ above the cylinder/ as high as you can feel thereā€™s a problem

Yes your testing if the cylinder will heat up at all when you re open the top lever valve after an hour and it gets instantly hot around 6ā€ above the cylinder/ as high as you can feel thereā€™s a problem
Ok, all turned to off and boiler set to constant. Pipes that are currently hot Iā€™ve detailed on the attached picture. I will give it an hour and the open to lever, feel pipes again and run hot tap.

Red-hot
Orange - warm
Blue - cold

Attachments

• CE58DDB5-2D71-4087-8551-4AEDF267955F.jpeg
    CE58DDB5-2D71-4087-8551-4AEDF267955F.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 12
Ok, all turned to off and boiler set to constant. Pipes that are currently hot Iā€™ve detailed on the attached picture. I will give it an hour and the open to lever, feel pipes again and run hot tap.

Red-hot
Orange - warm
Blue - cold
So, after an hour I turn the lever back on. Hot water draw off pipe got warmer (not red hot) to touched after a few minutes. No hot water taps have been turned on at this point.
The coil 1 pipe at the very bottom of the cylinder is now also very hot to touch and the cold feed pipe at the bottom is tepid, whereas before it was stone cold.

Now try running hot water

Reply to Unvented Hot Water System in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back