Discuss Illegal hot water tank install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Just had a dodgy builder install a hot water tank using a plumber who isn't G3 certified. They then got g3 gas Safe registered engineer commission it, but it doesn't meet building regs (wrong discharge pipe, plastic not metal) and he didn't register it with building control. Any ideas who I can report this guy to? Gas Safe aren't interested as it didn't break gas legislation (though they are going after the builder for illegal gas installation).

Thanks.

Any pics?
Who said it doesn’t meet regs?

3 gas safe engineers with G3 qualifications (including the regional gas safe inspector). Basically the discharge pipe is bog standard plastic and not metal / high heat resistant plastic and they didn't register with building regs. Plus the pipework for the metal pipework from the turndish has a bend in it apparently.

3 gas safe engineers with G3 qualifications (including the regional gas safe inspector). Basically the discharge pipe is bog standard plastic and not metal / high heat resistant plastic and they didn't register with building regs. Plus the pipework for the metal pipework from the turndish has a bend in it apparently.
15480211205396207122581246246316.jpg

Have you already paid for the installation?
Haven't paid the builder fully get, but that was just one of the many f*** ups they did. Really more concerned about the dodgy G3 guy who filled in the commission paperwork, but crossed out the section for the build regs cert and failed to register it. I know gas safe will be talking to him re the dodgy gas work he came to inspect and left us with without telling us it was completely illegal and unsafe, but wondered if I need to report to someone for G3 or just trading standards?

What plastic has been used? You can use waste pipe so long as it's adequately clipped.

3.57 The discharge pipe (D2) should be made of: (a) metal; or (b) other material that has been demonstrated to be capable of safely withstanding temperatures of the water discharged and is clearly and permanently marked to identify the product and performance standard (e.g. as specified in the relevant part of BS 7291- 1:2006 Thermostatic pipes and fittings for hot and cold water for domestic purposes and heating installations in buildings. General requirements).

3.57 The discharge pipe (D2) should be made of: (a) metal; or (b) other material that has been demonstrated to be capable of safely withstanding temperatures of the water discharged and is clearly and permanently marked to identify the product and performance standard (e.g. as specified in the relevant part of BS 7291- 1:2006 Thermostatic pipes and fittings for hot and cold water for domestic purposes and heating installations in buildings. General requirements).
Yup; had 3 G3 qualified engineers confirm that ain't the case

Reply to Illegal hot water tank install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
R
Hi, I’ve purchased a new build property and had a few issues with the unvented hot water system. I’ve now asked the developer, builder and plumber...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock