Search the forum,

Discuss Ideas to replace gas wall heater in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all , my elderly parents have just had there gas wall heater in kitchen blanked off due to regs ( to close to open window) and I am looking for ideas what to replace with , something cheap to run would be nice thanks Howy

Does it have to be in the same position as the Baxi wall heater? You're not going to find anything gas powered that can be fitted that close to the window, but a flueless gas fire fitted 500mm or more away from the window might be an option, although not knowing the room it might not be suitable for other reasons.

If there is some flexibility over its location your best bet is to call some local gas engineers, explain the situation and see if they can come round check the room and quote you for some suitable options. If it has to be in the exact same position then electric is only option.

A electric rad would be the easiest option look at Dimplex wall heaters

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200904-220234_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200904-220234_Chrome.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 9
Does it have to be in the same position as the Baxi wall heater? You're not going to find anything gas powered that can be fitted that close to the window, but a flueless gas fire fitted 500mm or more away from the window might be an option, although not knowing the room it might not be suitable for other reasons.

If there is some flexibility over its location your best bet is to call some local gas engineers, explain the situation and see if they can come round check the room and quote you for some suitable options. If it has to be in the exact same position then electric is only option.
just To confirm a flueless still needs to be 500mm from opening window , thanks

Not sure if they all are, the one I looked into for a friend had that as the minimum. There also needs to be permanent ventilation and minimum room volume that the manufacturer will specify as well as other conditions, you would need an engineer that does fires to come out and see what would be allowed & suitable for the room.

Also worth bearing in mind that they are meant as secondary heat sources so depending on size of room & where other rads are situated there could be condensation issues.

Electric is definitely going to be the easiest option.

If you go for electric heating don‘t go cheap.

BUT be very careful as most are LOT 20 compliant which are not easy to set up and use, and can be beyond most elderly people.

there are some on the market with APP control, which I would recommend

What is the distance from the flue to the window of your parents wall heater?
Hi Darren , will find out , is it from where opening begins to top of flue cheers howy
[automerge]1599506289[/automerge]
Blimey this could be the answer looking good so far , will look deeper thankyou

Reply to Ideas to replace gas wall heater in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock