Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal logic combi 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

murderdolly666

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone could help me.
I've had an Ideal logic combi 30 boiler fitted in my house by a plumber my partners stepdad is friends with and I noticed that we don't have a thermostat/timer with it and i've looked all through the users guide and there isn't any mention of one. Is there not meant to be a timer with it to set when the heating should come on/off?

It seems like a great pain if they've fitted us with a cheapo one that can't do that, and I think will end up being quite costly in bills?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

Thankyou

Ok then, I had wondered about those, I just thought that my partners stepdad would have had the decency to think about this as he knows a lot about this kinda thing. Looks like they were just giving us a cheap option.

Thankyou for your time :)

testing and commisioning boiler, all ok , explain to custard pie, make sure!!!!! happy, go home, ( oppps i missed the timer etc. some one taking a wee wee)

Any control can be fitted to the Logic , its all down to who does the electrical work
I personally don`t like Ideals plug in but it`s each to their own

testing and commisioning boiler, all ok , explain to custard pie, make sure!!!!! happy, go home, ( oppps i missed the timer etc. some one taking a wee wee)

This is my take on it

Young couple. Skint. The boiler has been fitted cheaply by some friend of her dads. Materials bought or ordered by the dad who didn't realise there was no timer with it. Probably no one around when it was finished to instruct on operation. Hasn't spoken to the dad to find out what the score is with the timer/stat. For all we know it could be in hand for fitting next week. Will have saved a good whack on the cost. Should maybe appreciate the favour and speak to the dad.

These things happen daily in the real world.
Such is life.

ok, mybe. but! some thing should have be said, the end.

hi fist time on this forum and would like to pick someones brains abotu aproblem iam having with a baxi 80 eco combi the will go into start up and the fan starts and stops for a few times the reaches full speed and boiler ignites it also dose not start at all i have checked the voltage at the pcb connecter and it will rise and fall as the fan trys to start just wondering if it could be a pcb replacement need any surgestions please ?

This is my take on it

Young couple. Skint. The boiler has been fitted cheaply by some friend of her dads. Materials bought or ordered by the dad who didn't realise there was no timer with it. Probably no one around when it was finished to instruct on operation. Hasn't spoken to the dad to find out what the score is with the timer/stat. For all we know it could be in hand for fitting next week. Will have saved a good whack on the cost. Should maybe appreciate the favour and speak to the dad.

These things happen daily in the real world.
Such is life.

No that's really not how it is. I've already stated that the step-dad does know about this kinda thing. I know that there isn't a timer on order, my partners step dad was just doing a half job and we were in fact, around when the boiler was installed. It's just a lack of communication between my partners step-dad and us. But either way, I didn't come here to get judged on whether the couple are skint (because, in fact, we do ok) or whatever I just came to ask a simple question about the timer.

Hello there,
I have recently moved house and the boiler installed is an Ideal logic combi 30 boiler. I want to get an electronic timer (Ideal Electronic Timer 204545) but is it as simple as popping the blanking plate off the front and plugging the timer in? Or is there wiring to be done? I'm a total amateur with boilers. Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Hello there, I had the same problem with ny boiler. I bought the plug in 7 day electronic timer. It cost about 60 quid and was fairly easy to install, but if you don't feel confident installing it, then ask the bloke who fit the boiler to do it. It comes with an installation guide and user guide. The timer is easy to programme and I haven't had any problems with it yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal logic combi 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock