Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Isar HE35 Making Clicking and Clunking noise on Startup in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have kept this piece of rubbish going for quite a long time and I don't like the idea of getting defeated by it! Every year there is something new to tackle and replace. I will eventually replace it for a real one!
I have now got a problem that I can't work out and was wondering if some one could help me. On startup after only a few seconds it goes into a clunk and click cycle from the lower end by the circuit board. A relay starts to click on and of inside the pcb and makes the click sound. The gas does not fire as it never gets that far. The pressure gauge fluctuates during this cycling showing the pump is stating and stopping, and the noise will continue until I shut it down. I changed the pcb to a spare one (always handy to have one for this boiler) and it fired up aok, I got heating and had half a shower before it started again. I have attached a video link to youtube of the problem.

View: https://youtu.be/3dS2dO37Mhc

Has any one any idea of the cause and how to rectify it?

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to Ideal Isar HE35 Making Clicking and Clunking noise on Startup in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud clicking/knocking sound that lasts about a minute, stops for 20-30 seconds and starts again. It seems to happen at night, starting in the evening...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Customer has a Ideal Isar HE35 when the boiler fires up for ether hot water or heating, there is knocking noise which seem to he coming from inside the flue manifold. Boiler fires up, knocking noises can be heard from some seconds, after this the boiler cuts out and water squirts out...
Replies
Views
Sandeep
S
New install, under a year old. Boiler downstairs. Mega flow upstairs in airing cupboard. Undfloor downstairs. Rads upstairs. Whenever the heating comes on. I get a clicking ticking buzzing type sound. Please see videos. Coming I think from the metal boxes. Both upstairs and down. I believe...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock