Discuss ideal isar bites back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

why have i not learnt yet ? went to do a gas safety check on a house 35 miles away today while there got a bit flustered as time was running short and other jobs to go to . tested boiler on hw and htg and all fine . decide to have a look inside at seals and heat ex etc .put cover back on and boiler fires for then goes out and LF fault reset then same happens - dive in thinking flame rectification so remove fan and burner to check the electrodes etc - all ok so check gas valve voltage then crack test nipple to find no gas :-( go down stairs to find the old dear has decided to get her christmas tree out from under the stairs where the gas meter is while i was upstairs working on the boiler and only dropped the box on the gas meter lever turning it off .hope the rest of the wk goes better

Hahaha could've been worse mate at least the boiler got a proper strip down. Isar only usually get stripped down when being removed from the wall forever!

Had something similar today. Started an install yesterday dinnertime, just helping a lad I know. Only a small one, 4 rad all in copper and a system boiler. Well had it all run in for about 11.30 this morning filled up and he was just finishing off the boiler and needed to get the snorkel from the burner upto the flue fresh air inlet. Anyways he pushed the snorkel through and I pulled, got it into position and the boiler was making a funny noise. Turned the radio off, checked for power, couldn't find anything, then I noticed that we had caught the filling loop valve and it was just passing. Keeps you on your toes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal isar bites back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have just viewed a property that needs upgrading (very clean but dated/old lady passed šŸ˜¢) and it was listed as 'gas central heating' and...
Replies
Views
Ideal boiler loosing pressure (AT WITS END) Hi all looking to converse about my boiler problem with people with knowledge. Iā€™d be grateful for...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock