Search the forum,

Discuss I was sold wrong sized filters, big deal or not? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all. I recently ordered two separate water filtration systems (the cartridge type) from a local plumbing company. For both installs the pipe size is 3/4". For one of the systems they sent me 1" inlet filters, so I'll need to add a 3/4" to 1" adapter. And for the other install they sent me 1/2" inlet filters, so I'll have to add a 3/4" to 1/2" reducer.

I had ordered only 3/4" filters but this company insists that going from 3/4" pipe to 1" filter or from 3/4" pipe to 1/2" filter is pretty much the same and that I won't notice the difference, but I am not a professional plumber so I'd appreciate a second opinion! Should I return these filters and get them in 3/4" or it really doesn't make a big difference?

Many thanks 🙏

Personally I wouldn’t mind going up to a 1” but would not want to go down to 1/2” as the filter will block quicker and restrict flow.
I’d be taking them back and asking for what i had ordered and paid for.

Personally I wouldn’t mind going up to a 1” but would not want to go down to 1/2” as the filter will block quicker and restrict flow.
I’d be taking them back and asking for what i had ordered and paid for.
Thanks, I wanted to make sure I wasn't too ''picky'' about this.

Reply to I was sold wrong sized filters, big deal or not? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m replacing my single skin plastic oil tank with a new bunded oil tank. I’m going to replace the single 10mm pvc covered oil pipe too, so to keep the number of compression joints to a minimum, I’d like to fit an external tigerloop combi 3 de-aerator (the one that incorporates an isolation...
Replies
Views
I'm a kitchen fitter first and foremost, so occasionally encounter old pipes of varying sizes. From past experience I know how easy it is to misidentify old 3/4" copper pipe (apart from getting soaked when you get it wrong) and would like to know if there is a surefire way of telling it from...
Replies
Views
Prompted by a surveyors energy efficiency report (and getting grants as this job belongs to a small charity) I've been asked to lag the pipes in this boiler cupboard. So questions: 1.Anybody got a photo of a good professional job please. 2. Where to stop the insulation under the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house. The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock